Tattoo Removal Journey - Westbury, NY

I got a big black cross tattooed on my right...

I got a big black cross tattooed on my right forearm when I was 18. I decided to have it removed when I was 22 since I finally had the money to afford the removal (sort of). I've been going to a laser technician, not a doctor, for the treatments. She estimated 10-12 for complete removal. Well, I've already had 8, so I'm gonna go with 12 at LEAST. I'm pretty much convinced I will need more than 12. It's definitely fading but I really thought the results would be quicker. I'm gonna hang in there, and hope that the treatments I need for complete removal don't reach 20? The pain is bearable, it's really not terrible. For me, the healing process is easy. I only got blisters once, those were kind of gross, but still not too bad. The worst part is keeping it wrapped up after treatment. Gets super itchy! If your thinking about it, I say go for it. But it is a slow and costly process. I really hope I'll end up getting the results I was looking for.

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am considering getting one of mine removed, I regretted getting it the moment it was done. I have read so much about it, and at the end everyone's experience is so different. The thing that scares me the most is the pain and the healing process... I wish you luck in your process & I am looking frwd to keep reading about it.
Don't let the pain or the healing process hold you back if it's something you want to do. The pain is really not as bad as you may think it is. It is bearable and something you can get through with deep breathing. The healing process for me has always been fairly clean and simple. The worst part is the itching! Which can be fixed with an ice pack :)
I know how you feel. I have had seven treatments and feel like its only about halfway done. It sucks

What colors are in your tattoo? It seems some fade easier than others, so would love to know.

Glad you are seeing some fading at least - hang in there!!

Thanks for the review, would  love to see photos if you can post some :)
Will try to post some over the weekend! I have a picc of when it was brand new, a few of right after the process, and I can post what it looks like presently.
Any photos to share?? How long has it been, 8 treatments but how far apart are your treatments...
I have a few photos I can share. I'll post them over the weekend. My treatments are about 6 weeks apart.
thanks!