Don't Expect This "Minimally" Invasive Procedure to Be a Walk in the Park - West Springfield, MA

PRE-Operation: - doctor told me to take Arnica for...

PRE-Operation:
- doctor told me to take Arnica for about a week before the procedure to help with the pain and bruising
- prescribed an anti-biotic and a relaxation medicine to take before the procedure
- my cellulite was determined to be mild, what they would call grade 1

THE DAY OFF:
- took pictures (I will post them later after I ask him to email them to me)
- marked me with different color and drew squares on the affected area
- the doctor gave me Tylenol and a lot of local anesthesia
- the most painful part were the needles for anesthesia and the doctors inflating the under skin area with fluid. (They told me it was to numb the area) It literally felt as if I was stuffed like a turkey
- while the laser was in me I felt almost nothing except for a little burning when it would come near the end of the squares (Fluid was missing in those parts.)
- the whole process took about 2 hours
- there were three staff total doing my procedure: two doctors and a nurse so I felt comfortable
- after the laser portion was done, doctors pushed the fluid out of me, put on bandages on incision marks and helped me put on the compression garment
- I was feeling a little lightheaded and loopy but I was in good spirits

A FEW HOURS LATER:
- I started feeling pain so I took a pain killer. The pain is gone now 30 minutes later
- there is a lot of drainage so the doctor gave me a plastic blanket to sit on.
- I feel tired and sleepy which is most likely from all the medicine
- haven't taken the garment off yet so haven't seen any bruising
- will update my review soon

THE NEXT DAY:

- Still feel some pain. I guess this is what people refer to as "soreness". I took a painkiller.
- Took my compression garment off for the first time to take a shower. Looks like I got red bruises. The incision marks still leak a little so I disinfected the area and put fresh bandages on.
- My boyfriend said there is no cellulite but I'm pretty sure it's because of the swelling.
- The swelling is going down which is good. I can feel my legs more when I touch them, so there is less numbing.
- I took the garment off for about 15 minutes to take a shower and clean the incisions area.

TWO DAYS LATER

THE GOOD NEWS:
- Doesn't seem like the incision holes (I have 3) are getting infected and are healing well
- I don't have much bruising, probably thanks to Arnica and the fact that I'm not much of a bruiser to start with
- The swelling and numbness are going down

THE BAD NEWS:
- I am still extremely sore. Imagine the most sore you've been after a workout and multiply that by 5. I am glad I didn't need to do work on my butt, or I wouldn't be able to sit down without taking pain medication. Either I'm a minority or this "minimal discomfort" experts tell you about post cellulaze is a bunch of bologna. I may also be too much of a complainer since its my first (and hopefully last) cosmetic surgery/procedure.
- Still very much need the compression garment. Walking without it makes legs feel jiggly, loose and wobbly (gross!)

Just found an old picture of my cellulite before Cellulaze

Uploaded

ONE WEEK LATER

- Cellulite still looks like it did before procedure
- Swelling and bruising has improved
- legs are still very sore

ALMOST THREE WEEKS OUT

- still sore. Why does it take three weeks to recover?
- hurts to run. Feels like skin is jiggling up and down. Ouch.
- my boyfriend said the cellulite has improved.

ALMOST 4 WEEKS LATER

Still sore. Still have cellulite. Not happy.

5 weeks out

- Still feel sore but am noticing gradual improvement
- the incision marks are pretty prominent. I wonder when and if they r going away
- cellulite has improved somewhat. I guess at this point I'm expecting smooth legs considering what a pain in the ass this procedure has been so far.

ALMOST 8 WEEKS

Finally seeing some results. My left leg is looking a lot better than my right leg. This is probably because for some reason I had more cellulite on the right leg to start with. I'm feeling better because my cellulite does not look as disgusting as it used to. I can actually deal with it now. However, it is not where I wish I was. Hopefully, after 3 months I will have close to no more cellulite.

10 Weeks

While I'm waiting for cellulaze to work and the ugly incision marks to fade, I came up with an idea. Since, according to this forum, the average price of this procedure is $5,500. Here are some ideas on other wonderful ways I could spend this money:
1. Start a Roth IRA account (I can contribute up to $5,500/yr tax free)
2. Make a down payment on a house
3. Buy a red Chevy Corvette cash
4. Pay a year's tuition at a state college
5. Get an associates degree at a community college in something I always wanted to do, like cosmetology for example
6. Take a vacation to a foreign country, like Argentina, Italy or Australia. Once a year for 3 years straight.
7. Open my own business. For example an SAT tutoring company or a nail salon.
8. Get a boob job. People will not notice my cellulite anymore
9. Quit my job and live in Latin America for six months, just because.
10. Renovate my house: new carpet, furniture, decorations, paint the walls, go nuts.
11. Pay for a princess wedding dress and a romantic wedding (or renew vows) at the beach. Then go on a second honey moon to Tahiti
12. Buy a pair of Louboutins, an $800 dress then rent a limousine and get a VIP at some fancy club in New York.
13. Get a pool for my back yard. I will enjoy it every summer.
14. Buy $5,500 worth of lottery tickets or go gambling in Vegas.
15. Hire a personal trainer, a dietician, life coach, personal chef and finally get some therapy for my low self esteem.

Ok, ladies. Feel free to add your own ideas. :)

3 MONTHS!!!

Ok so here is the summary.
The good news is that there is about 60% improvement of my cellulite. Now, if we say 100% improvement means the cellulite is completely gone, I would like Cellulaze to give me at least 90% improvement for me to say it was worth it. You may be thinking, "Wow 60% thats great!" However, think about it: is $4,000, incision mark scars and more than three months of recovery worth 60%? I don't think so. From the info on this forum it can take up to 6 months to see full results so I will wait for my 90% I guess. Incision marks look like giant freckles which I guess I can deal with. However, I hope they still fade more because I can notice them right away when I look at the back of my legs. I still have nerve damage so it hurts sometimes to run but it is getting better. Guess I'm still recovering. I'm not taking pictures for now because it's annoying to try to get the light right to see a difference. I'll take some at 6 months mark.

4 MONTHS UPDATE

- nerve damage has decreased significantly. It doesn't hurt to run in tight yoga pants but still hurts a little if I'm not wearing anything tight. It sucks that after four months I still have nerve damage lingering.
- cellulite has improved about 10% more since month 3 which brings me to 70% total improvement which is not bad I guess. If I get another 20% by the time 6 months comes around, I will be happy.
- the incision marks are still black and prominent. The doctor just today used IPL laser to zap them. It hurt like hell and they still feel like burning two hours later. I'm putting cold aloe vera gel on them every 20 minutes.

Got burns from IPL :(

So doctor zapped my dark marks but he overdid it. Now I got scabs from IPL burns. I hope these go away soon and actually help with incision marks scars.

5 MONTHS

I say about another 10% improvement since last time. I must admit that I have been working my ass off exercising and dieting. Cellulaze will not give you those smooth, toned runners legs that we all hope for. Even though I pretty much don't see anymore dimples, legs r not completely smooth and have sort of subtle hills and folds (wrinkle like). I will keep working out and dieting to achieve the legs I want and use Cellulaze as help.

6 MONTHS Finally!!!!!

So this will be my conclusion on the procedure and explanation of why it is not worth it.

Did I see improvement? Yes? About 80%. So why am I not happy? First, my results are not symmetrical which drives me nuts. My left leg saw about 95% improvement which means cellulite is practically nonexistent. My right leg has about five wrinkles on it and does not look like the left leg. This is annoying. I'm thinking of getting a doctor who will charge me by the square so I can pay him $800 or so to do 4 squares on that area.

Second, the procedure is about $5,000. Let's say you have this money and you want to pick one or several cosmetic procedures to do. You could get a gorgeous smile (Veneers) or you could get a nice boob job. Your hopes will come to fruition immediately after surgery. (Well the boob job will need a couple of weeks) You will see results and you will be happy and you are 90% guaranteed to be satisfied and know exactly what you're getting. On the other hand, Cellulaze requires you to wait and suffer for 6 months and then you may not even see the results at all and be extremely disappointed! Why take the gamble I say. Get a boob job instead.

I have been working out like crazy and dieting, so I feel that that has contributed and will continue to contribute my my reduction of cellulite. I feel that for the money you are spending, and the 6 months you are waiting, you might as well commit to an intense work out and diet routine for 6 months and see the same improvement you would see with Cellulaze. Yes, it's a lot harder than just getting plastic surgery, and sitting on your ass for 6 months (which by the way might be very uncomfortable anyway if you're getting Cellulaze on your butt) but doing squats 3 times a week will make not only your legs leaner, but your butt firmer which my friends have noticed. And you can't just do plain squats. You gotta put weight on the squat bar and gradually increase it.

In summary: get on an intense 6 months work out program and use the $5,000 to get a boob job. If I see anymore improvement in my cellulite or things worsen, I will update you guys.

Well, it's been about a year since I've had Cellulaze

So I am ready to finally say that I have about 90% improvement on my cellulite situation which is great. However, I must say that I have also been working out my legs (squats, lunges, deadlifts, hip thrusts, etc.) and have lost some weight. Therefore, those factors have contributed to the improvement as well. The dark incision spots are slowly fading. My advice is to just leave them alone. They might stay with you forever but really they look like giant freckles so it's no big deal. Glad I went through with Cellulaze/working out/diet since I am happy now with my legs and can move on with my life without worrying about my cellulite. :)

Still Have Some Scarring

Once again, ladies. Leave ur incision marks from Cellulaze alone. Burn marks from IPL are slowly fading.
Dr. Roberto Salva-Otero

The doctor is very friendly. He works in The Cosmetic and Wellness Center with his wife who is also a doctor. He told me they do a lot of smart lipo procedures which put me at ease about the cellulaze treatment since it's new to them. (Hence the cheap price) He answers all questions and does his work carefully with no rush.