Love It! - West Orange, NJ

My husband kept asking me why I was angry. I...

My husband kept asking me why I was angry. I think it was just the way my face was aging. I had bags under my eyes and was always looking a little tired. I also have very heavy eye lids. After my consult with Dr. Joseph, which was extremely entertaining, I decided to have botox injected into my brow and the silikon 1000 injected below my eyes. Wow! The botox raised the lids so I do not feel as tired, and the silikon 1000 reduced the bags and the dark veins (which get worse when I am tired) from being so noticable. I think and feel 5 years younger. The only con is the cost.

Questions Answered - Update

Many people wanted to know whether the procedure was painful. Frankly, a month and a half post procedure, I do not remember any pain. I think the doc gave me a topical numbing agent. Then he proceeded with the injections with a small syringe. There were more injections for the botox. I only remember one or two injections under each eye for the Silikon 1000. I had just a minor circular bruise (nobody even noticed but me) under my right eye for about a week. There was no bruising under my left eye. The doc did mention that for a very small minority of patients there is a potential of bruising if the needle hits a vein, but I think the doctor knows what he is doing. I did not have any issues. As for the botox, I would say it did not make my heavy lids go away, but for someone who feels tired all the time because of the weight of their lids, the botox does make a difference. I do not feel as tired because the lids do not feel as heavy. I hope that makes sense to the person who wrote about the botox treatment. I think that this treatment is great! I have seen many people who get work done and it is very noticeable and not in a good way. This treatment is very subtle so nobody notices that work was done... but if you look at the before and after, you can see nice improvement. I highly recommend it! Plus, for some reason, I look less angry.... Go figure... LOL
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hi, I so so love your look. Indeed 5 years are gone :-]. You look so lovely and rested. I'm so glad I saw your pic. Tomorrow I'm going back to see Dr J. To anyone who hesitate to go there , I can tell, just go. Dr J is such a wonderful, amazing, caring doctor and rare. He won't inject you without a numbing cream. Two years ago I had my lips done but tomorrow I want my cheeks/ under eye done. BTW I have on Facebook a page "Bitchy Resting Face" where I post articles about the problem we face. When others think we are upset when in fact we're doing fine. But the expression on our face says opposite. Jane, thank you for review and pics :-]
I would appreciated if could PM me as well with any details. Thanks
I am also interested in seeing this doctor. Would you please PM about all the details? Thanks.
I agree, you look fantastic! I too would like to know if the silikon was only one treatment and how badly it hurt? Could you describe the procedure? This is one of the doctors I am considering a consult with, I would love if you could PM me any info to help me learn more about him! Thank you :)
Wow! You look great. There is a noticeable improvement under the eyes. For the silikon, is it only one treatment or do you have to go back for another? I have the same problem under the eyes and make me look tired. I also have heavey upper eyelids but the botox didn't help a lot with the upper eyelids