Loving my New Nose! - West Orange, NJ

I'm 28 years old and have always hated my nose. My...

I'm 28 years old and have always hated my nose. My face is long and my nose just made it seem even longer, to the point I've always hated having pictures taken of me. I never thought I'd actually go through with getting the surgery, but when I had gone to an ENT for my throat, they said my septum was really badly deviated and should get it fixed. I went online and did some major searching for an ENT who also did facial plastic surgery. After much research and seeing Dr. Eric Joseph's work, I decided to make an appointment just to talk to him.

He is a great doctor-explains everything in detail, doesn't promise anything that's unrealistic, and good-spirited. He actually told me first to get my tonsils taken out (which is what I had originally been sent to the first ent in the first place for) and told me to go get that done. So I did that somewhere else (which was agony, painwise) and came back around 6 months later.

In August of 2012 I had the surgery. Even my experience waiting on the surgery table about to be put under was exceptional. Dr. Joseph held my hand and said when he's done, I'll look great and everything will be ok. He was completely right. I woke up in no pain. Got home and the entire recovery period was painless (didn't even have to take tylenol). Just an all around great experience for it being a surgery. I got my bandages off and at first was too surprised to say anything. I was still a little bruised and yellow, and swollen so my face was still healing, and so at first I was overwhelmed and thought I looked a little funny (my chipmunk cheeks), but everyone said it's just the initial shock of the change. They were right! The swelling and bruising went down soon and I still can't stop looking at my new nose. Before it was too long and the tip drooped (especially when smiling) and now I have a normal, cute nose.

I can't thank Dr. Joseph enough for what he's done for me. I feel confident now and now don't have to dive out of pictures. Even my co-workers are saying they want to get their noses fixed. I definitely would recommend Dr. Eric Joseph in a heartbeat. THANK YOU!!

Still loving my new nose. It's been about 7...

Still loving my new nose. It's been about 7 months since I've had the surgery, and I literally stare in the mirror everyday at my nose. I never thought I'd ever have the chance to get the surgery, but am so thankful I did and that I had the greatest surgeon perform the surgery. Dr. Joseph is wonderful and not only extremely professional and knowledgeable about what he does, but has a hilarious personality to go along with it. I can't thank him enough for giving me the self confidence I always dreamed of. I really love my nose now.
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

I did a lot of research online and after meeting Dr. Joseph, decided he was the right doctor for me. Dual board certified in ENT and facial plastic surgery also was a plus. He is professional yet funny and made even my family members feel comfortable with the whole experience.

nice
You look great! It looks so natural on you!
Thank you!
Great results. It looks so natural. And you look beautifuI! I am alo cinsidering him for my rhino. And you look. Did he use any fillers to correct minor things or did it just went smoothly after the surgery?
Thank you!! That's what I liked about him, he helped me get the nose I've always wanted without it being obvious I had a nose job. I had to get a few injections after the surgery bc the indent on one side was so deep prior to surgery that he could only do so much surgery-wise. It was painless and worked wonders...last time I went he didn't need to do anything so I think that's it! I think you should definitely go to him if you plan on getting the surgery. Did you meet with him yet?
Thank you for the rapid answer. He has truely done a wonderful work on you! I am still quite early in this proces, and I am at the stage were I am trying to decide wich surgeons I should put on my list for consultations. What injections did he use, was it silicone and was it permanent?
I just looked at your pictures and I can see there is a difference between the first "after" front view and the second. The first is beautiful and the second is perfection! My concern is a undefined tip and wide nostrils. Did you have any grafts like a columella strut for your tip and did you get your nostrils reduced?. Sorry I am bombarding you with questions, I just need to ask you when your results are so good!
Sorry I took so long to respond...tons of things going on lately. He did the silicone injections and i'm pretty sure they're not permanent as he did them twice, but not this last time. I figured I'd wait till the 1 year post op visit to decide if I need to get injected again. I was worried that I'd have huge nostrils after surgery bc I already had large ones, but he said he could reduce them, which he did thankfully. He did a spreader graft on the left side of my nose because of that huge indent, tip refinement & rotation (just not sure of the full terminology), fixed the crooked bridge and reduced nostrils. I'm extremely beyond happy I chose him to do the surgery and even more that I had it done to begin with. I'm hoping I helped a little at least! And thank you again for all your positive remarks!!
Thank you for all the answers. I was wondering if the scars to reduce the nostril size are visible?
Great result!!!
Thank you!!
Your profile is great :) Very feminine and natural looking!!
Thank you! That's what I wanted. :)
LOVE it! You look amazing!
Thank you so much!!
Great result!! You look so good congrtas!! :)
Aww, thank you so much!

Fabulous result! Thank you so much for sharing your experience on RealSelf. You're a lovely lady, and even prettier now that your nose is refined.

Thank you so much! Hopefully this review helps some people looking for a doctor or just looking to get the surgery.