From an Ugly Ducking to a Beautiful Swan!!!!! - West Orange, NJ

Ever since I was 10 I've always hated my nose....

Ever since I was 10 I've always hated my nose. Pretty much the same story as so many people on here, but never thought I'd have the balls to go through with doing anything about it.. Petrified of even having my blood taken, I was fortunate enough later on in life to have a few very special people come into my life to give me the courage to finally do the things cosmetically that would make me feel better about myself. You always fear the worst when it comes to things like this, but with the support of loved ones and all my girls on realself, I was ready to take the plunges. Never having surgery before I thought I would tackle one of the more "painful reputation" procedures and see how i could handle it to prepare me for my nose. So in May i found the most awesome doc and had a BA. The surgery went awesome (see other review) and I knew I was ready for the big one... With realself helping me find me my first doc I knew I could find the perfect one for my nose as well. After maybe 5 mins searching on here came across the grand puba of rhinoplasty. Dr Eric Joseph. Every review, every star in his 5 star reviews, every claim of perfection, amazing bedside manner, glowing remarks about his staff and surgical center (shout out to my girls at north Fullerton surgery center in Montclair) is and was true!!!!! I could not have asked for a better experience. From the first consult to pre op to day of surgery I felt like i made the right choice to have someone take the look of my face and life in his hands. And what hands they are!!!! No pain, i swear no pain! Uncomfortable yes--very! The dry mouth and congestion was so super annoying but nothing you can't deal with if you've ever had a bad cold. The swelling and bruising was so minimal I couldn't believe it. I was paranoid that I would have horrible purple bruising all over my face (since I have very thin and fair translucent skin) but with the magic of dr j, i barely bruised at all. The swelling was pretty apparent from days 2-5 but as long as you don't touch your face it doesn't hurt lol all in all my only regret is that I didn't get it done sooner.. So disappointed i let my fear of the unknown and stories from others that didn't go to doctor Joseph freak me out and make me think that I wouldn't be able to handle it. After my surgery i hit up 7-11 for a slurpee and was out every other day getting drinks and running small errands. I didn't even need to take the pain meds but took 1 pain pill a day to help with sleep and not pain. Please please feel free to hit me is with any questions!!! So much love to dr Eric Joseph and his whole staff.. Not to get emotional but they gave me the face to match the person i always knew I was on the inside... And I could NEVER express how much i appreciate everything he has done... Dr Joseph you changed my life... And I will never forget it...

Let the picture parade begin lol

Images

More photos!

And more photos....

I'm making it rain photos!!

Day 1 & 2 with cast off

Day 2

Well today was day 2 with my cast off and first day back to work. I was mega tired pretty much all day and talking at work sucks lol I'm on the phone all day so I had to really take it easy. I should have prob taken the rest of the week off from work but I'm doing 1/2 days from now til Friday so it isn't too bad. Feeling ok otherwise just sore and more vulnerable since the cast is off. Still cleaning it out with qtips and peroxide and finally washed my face for the first time although I barely touched it cause it is mad sore. Tomorrow is another day!!!

Week 2 rockin my rhino

Hello ya'll!!! Just wanted to post a quick update and let everyone know how it's going .. Tomorrow will be one week with my cast off and today was 2 week post op surgery. I feel good. My nose is starting to take shape and aside from the obvious still swelling I'm loving the way it looks. I feel like its a dream and that I'm going to wake up and my nose be back to the way it was before lol but it's not and it won't!!! It stinks being in injured reserve though. I can't lift heavy things bend over for long periods of time, smile, make facial expressions etc but I knew that coming in. I just miss being normal!! It starts to bum me out at times but I have to remember that it is all a process and worth it in the end. Had some swelling over the weekend under my eyes so I've been icing all day and will continue to do so at all times when I can. Other than that and the ongoing battle with congestion, I'm doing well. All in all im so excited for the future. I can't wait to see how my nose will look in the upcoming months!!!

time flies when you are having fun!

hey guys!!! everything here in nose town (lol) is going good! had a few post ops since the surgery and everything is moving along forward. and I have no one else but my AMAZING AWESOME surgeon dr joseph to thank!! I have my 4 month post op next weekend and will post more photos then. to anyone who is thinking about getting this done I implore you to check out dr j and don't wait! my only regret is waiting so long : (
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

I would not trust another man to touch my face. He changed my life and I'll never be able to repay him.. I would go to NO ONE else for a nose job. He is an artist a perfectionist and one of the nicest guys ever.

Hey BK!! Shelly here...wow your nose looks amazing. ..you must be so happy. ..got it all now girl xoxo
thanks love! I am! hope you are doing well my busty friend! xoxo
Lovely. Congrats.
thanks foxy!
Very nice
Thanks so much kpeton!
Great results! For a reduction procedure, it appears everything went perfectly: your profile is lower, smoother, and looks very natural. Hope the rest of the healing goes well!
thanks so much!!!!
Looks like you should have been born with this new nose!!! You look great
thanks cdiaz!
Absolutely stunning! What an amazing, natural nose. You were hardly an ugly duckling before at all but now you look like a model! All the best!
omg thanks so much sarsy!!!
awww :( , i love that dude, i just had 2 touch ups with silicon 1000 to fix a little defect on my nose but it looks perfect now.
you look great btw bk ! :)
Wow the nose looks perfect!! He really does awesome surgeries!! So glad he fixed me up too :)
thanks kylee!! I have to say your video play by play of your surgery with him was one of the deciding factors so I have to say thank you to that as well. def calmed my fears of being in pain after surgery. the dry mouth is the worst part it sucks!! I have to update my review ive been so busy since being on the injured reserve list for a hot min! but thanks for the compliment and thanks SO SO much for the in depth review about dr j it for sure made my decision hearing your real life story that much easier. I love me some dr j!
I'm glad to hear your experience with Dr. Joseph was positive. Unfortunately, I had a very different experience with him.
im sorry to hear that malhotra : (
Looking at your pics made me smile, its like u were telling a story, and i liked your captions haha. But on a serious note, you were making a lot of faces.... anyways, your nose looks great. Congrats...it seriously looks nice. Now enjoy showing off your nose when you get your next frappuccino at starbucks lol
thanks shawn!
im here to amuse lol
lol lifes too short to take everything serious...u amused me :)
I don't know why but I didn't know you were getting your nose done, too, until you posted that on my page. I love the new nose. Much cuter than the old one. AND now you are the whole package - boobs and nose! Very cute! I see you are from NJ. Not sure if I told you but I'm actually from Philly but live in Baton Rouge now.
lol no worries! most people don't check to see if others have another review so that's prob why. I haven't updated my other one so that's why only the girls I talk to on their pages really knew. thanks I love my new nose too! I know its still swollen and has to settle and blah blah but already its so much better than the other one. that one HAD TO GO! lol the whole package... far from! but thanks! it costs a lot to build your "whole package" wish I got a discount lol so you were from philly and now you are in the south what made the change? couldn't take winter anymore lol
I moved from north to south for my ex-husband. He's from down here. You should have gotten a discount if you did them at the same time.