My Rhinoplasty Experience! - West Orange, NJ

I'm a 21 year old college student who was...

I'm a 21 year old college student who was completely unhappy with my nose! More specifically my profile view which had a bump and drooped down when I would smile. Every time I had to do a presentation in school I would be self conscious when my profile view faced the class and since I'm going to school to be a teacher the last thing I need is to be self conscious when standing in front a group of people. I started thinking about the possibility of getting rhinoplasty about 3 years ago when I found out someone I knew got one and realized it wasn't just something rich and famous people do! The more I looked into it the more common I realized it was among people my age. I did my research and immediately started saving every dollar I had.

I felt no pain, which was incredible! There was no discomfort whatsoever. When I got the splint off 8 days later I couldn't believe the piece of art that Dr. Joseph had created!! I feel I look now how I was always supposed to look. It's so nice to go out and not be self conscious about the way my nose looks from certain angles or how it's going to look if someone snaps a picture of me at a bad angle. I'm 1 month post-op and am still receiving loving care at every post-op appointment. I used to remember telling my mom years ago that if I had to choose between getting a car or getting a nose job- I'd pick the nose job and now my dream is a reality!

When I came across Dr. Joseph's website I was...

When I came across Dr. Joseph's website I was drawn in instantly and made an appointment. I think what got me to make the appointment is how personable I could tell he was just from watching a few videos on his website and when I emailed him (and about five other doctors) he answered me within about 30 minutes- and answered me personally. I'd like to mention that the other doctors didn't even email me back! The staff at Dr. Josephs office also played a large role in my decision in choosing Dr. Joseph, they are so kind and patient. The day of my consultation I was so excited since this was the first step I've ever taken into getting my nose to be beautiful! I was pretty confident before meeting him that he was going to be the doctor for me and I was not disappointed. He was so nice, patient, confident, and truly passionate about what he does, and that shows. He showed me what I could look like after the surgery. I loved how he was realistic into how my nose would look, the pictures were so natural. I made my appointment for surgery that day! The day of my surgery I wasn't too nervous, I felt that Dr. Joseph went over every detail with me and I really had nothing to be nervous about. He informed me of the possible complications and went over thoroughly everything I would need to know before the surgery and post-op. Upon entering the operating room I started to get nervous but Dr. Joseph and the anesthesiologist were so kind and stood by my side making small talk with me until I fell asleep. I was told the surgery went great and I woke up feeling good. Dr. Joseph called me that night to see how I was doing- which I appreciated so much. There were no surprises during the recovery period, everything that I experienced I felt 100% prepared for since Dr. Joseph went over so many details with me. It is absolutely beautiful and I would recommend him to ANYONE!!
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

I chose these ratings because all of my experiences with Dr. Joseph had been top notch! The bedside manner is unlike any other I have ever experienced, he takes time to answer my questions and explain everything to me, the after care was incredible! I was given a complimentary service and taught how to hide my bruising (which was VERY minimal) using complimentary make up. Dr. Joseph's, as well as the women at the front desk's, responsiveness was great. The payment process was simple, I applied for Care Credit in the office just in case I needed it, yet didn't even end up using it because I saved enough money! And wait times? What wait times? Every time I arrive for my appointments I am immediately escorted into the examining room. He is truly the best!

Looks great! Is that the total price you paid, or was anesthesia not included? Thanks!

What a great result! Thank you so much for sharing your experience.

its crazy how much it changes in a month. I really like your profile, you nose looks like its really taking shape :)

it looks really natural
you look great!! your nose fits your face perfectly. looks like you were born with it =]
I know what you mean about being self conscious in school. I never want to do presentations because of my nose. I'm sure it's such a relief to not worry about that anymore :)
Beautiful!!! I'm having mine done by Dr. J on Friday. I'm starting to get a little anxious, but this makes me even more excited!!
I know you can't help but be nervous! But try not to! Just be excited for the day the splint comes off :) Good luck!!!
I just got mine done today. Some have already seen a difference
your nose looks great!!! congrats!!! I also had to choose between a car and a nose job... i picked the nose job!! ;)
You look great! Congratulations. I just got mine done and I am a teacher as well :)