43 and Wanted Smoother Skin - West Orange, NJ

I've desired smoother skin due to acne scaring and...

I've desired smoother skin due to acne scaring and overall unevenness of my skin. The doctor recommended laser resurfacing. After considering it and reading up on the procedure I decided to go through with it. I did a full face resurfacing under conscious sedation. I woke up with what looked like a very bad sunburn. There was no pain but quite a bit of discomfort with my face feeling very hot and tender. The after care included rest, keeping the skin covered with Aquapor for continual moisture (very key) and doing vinegar and water soaks four times a day, beginning 1-2 days after the procedure. This helped clean any accumulated debris as well as soothed my skin. I took one week off of work but was still red when I returned the office. Most people thought I was sun burned. I began wearing a redness reducing foundation about 8 days after the procedure which covered the redness well. It is now one month later and I am still a bit red but very happy with the results. I've been told I healed very quickly from this and I attribute that to choosing a very skilled doctor and the care and attention I've given to following the after treatment care instructions. This is critical.
West Orange Oculoplastic Surgeon

Dr. Neigel and her staff are fantastic. I felt comfortable and well cared for through the entire experience. Dr. Neigel came highly recommended and I second that!