Bad Experience with Silikon 1000 - West Orange, NJ

Unlike many who claim to have been satisfied with...

Unlike many who claim to have been satisfied with Dr. Eric M. Joseph’s services, I, most certainly, was not. His staff was friendly, but Dr. Joseph’s bedside manner left a lot to be desired. He kept telling me that he’s an expert in his field and brushed off my questions and concerns.

As for the procedure itself, the results were not as he assured me they would be. My lips are now asymmetrical, hard and bumpy. Needless to say, I won’t be returning.

I chose Dr. Joseph after reading a lot of glowing reviews that I now question the authenticity of. Personally, I would not recommend him to anyone.
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

When was your surgery? There might be a chance it will get better?
I didn't have surgery, I had Silikon 1000 injected into my lips. It's a permanent filler, so it won't get better over time.
Sorry, when was your "procedure"? ;) I'm trying to compare your results with when other reviews were written. Thx. :)
Late last year.
It is very ODD that the majority of reviews for Silikon 1000 stem from ONE office, namely Dr. Joseph's.
I completely agree. I wish I hadn't trusted the reviews. If something seems too good to be true, it usually is.
Because it's not commonly used by surgeons anymore but Dr. J uses it in his practice with mostly no complications....let me repeat mostly....occasionally there will be issues, esp if a little too much was used unfortunately :(
Malhotra: Fortunately, nodules or asymmetry in your lip after your treatment may be improved with dilute triamcinolone acetonide injections. This is a fairly easy process, and often, though not always, improves the result. We all wish to help you feel better. Please feel free to call me to see if such a strategy might make sense for you. If so, this follow up visit would be no charge. Hope to hear from you soon. Diana
Thanks for sharing your experience, malhotra. I hope you find the support you need in the community.

To address your concerns about authenticity, all reviews go through a two-step moderation process, which includes both automated (software) and human moderation.

I can't share specifics about this process (because we don't want to open the door for people to game the system) but it's based on a lot of factors, not just email addresses.

Feel free to message me if you have any questions or concerns about particular reviews and we'll take another look.

Thanks again for sharing, malhotra. Good luck and please keep us posted on your progress!
This is Diana, Dr. Joseph's office manager. We are committed to all of our patients and their complete satisfaction. If any of our patients are dissatisfied with their results, we would encourage them to call our office at 973-325-1155 to see Dr. Joseph and discuss their concerns.
Thanks for the review. How many treatments did you have? Also- can someone from Realself please explain how the authenticity of reviews is determined? How do you ensure that the reviews are not from the same person? Is it merely based on email addresses?
I only had one round of Silikon 1000.
I'm so sorry- that's so scary. Have you found another dr. who can fix it? Did Dr. Joseph offer to help you? And thanks again for your review and your response. Reading it has really helped me make a determination about any future treatments. And it is very odd how a day after your review, another person posted a review about how great this doctor is... it just seems a little odd ya know- perfect timing to deflect from your insightful post. Just a thought!
I haven't yet found a doctor who can fix it. Dr. Joseph has offered to do steroid injections, but I don't trust that he can do anything to fix the damage.
I find that odd as well. The majority of reviewers have only posted once and all of them are five-star reviews. I also think there is a very similar voice throughout the reviews. This all seems very suspicious to me.
That is a great way to describe it- "a very similar voice throughout." I could not agree with you more!
How he fake all the "before/after" pictures ? :-\
I'm not claiming that all of his reviews are fake - the ones with photos obviously aren't. But I definitely still question the authenticity of many of his reviews and as you can see, I'm not the only one.