I Had a SPAIR Breast Reduction - Grand Rapids, Michigan

I had my SPAIR Breast Reduction on Monday May 13th...

I had my SPAIR Breast Reduction on Monday May 13th. So far so good. During my recovery at the out patient surgical center I felt really out of it. I ate a couple of saltine crackers, sipped on a sprite, and also ate a banana I had packed in my husbands back pack. After sitting up and letting my legs hang over the bed I felt very sick to my stomach. Sure enough I puked. I felt so much better after doing so. Got in the car and was home in less than 10 minutes. I felt great when I got home and had a good appetite. I have been taking Vicodin every 4 hours. The pain (soreness and swelling) is much greater today. I am taking it one day at a time.....

4 Days Post-Op

Had my breast reduction on 5/13/13 and I am feeling great. I don't know if I am getting ahead of myself or if I am really, "on the ups." I only felt uncomfortable on Tuesday evening, but I think its because I was on the couch too long. I took Vicodin every 4 hours for the first 72 hours. I am taking very little at this point and am happy about that. I wonder if the fact that I had a SPAIR breast reduction has had anything with what I feel is a fast recovery....

My boobs were huge

Pre-Op Boobs May 2013
Dr. Dennis Hammond

I can't imagine having any doctor except for him. I had and still have utmost confidence in him. He is an excellent doctor and West Michigan is lucky to have him.

I would love to hear how you're doing lately! We have the same surgeon and you're just a little under a month ahead of me. Hoping you can give me some insight into what to look forward to!
6 days post op and I still feel really good. I can't believe I got myself so worked up about my breast reduction....this whole process has gone much much better than I thought it would....so glad I did it.

Good deal!!!  You are now on the recovery road and it's all up hill from here.  Go slow and keep on top of the pain meds.

Welcome to the healing side jmg :-) Sorry you had to deal with the vomiting :( I usually have that after surgery also . It sounds like you are doing well. Get plenty of rest , take stool softeners with your pain meds so you aren't constipated and drink lots of water. Oh and enjoy your new perky girls :-)