Just Had Mira Dry This Morning -West lake Dermatology

I just had MiraDry done this morning. I had a...

I just had MiraDry done this morning. I had a total of 37 shots in each arm pit. She did the procedure at a level three. I had no pain or hot spots as some have mentioned. I did feel some warm near my inner arm on my left side. Felt like a warm water bottle was on my arm. The lidocaine shots were not pleasant, but they were no worse than the embarrassment of my sweaty arm pits. The first five shots hurt the most and then it was manageable. The procedure lasted 1 hour from start to finish. I am resting now and icing. Using the frozen water bottles with tube socks right now. I will update through my healing process.

I have suffered from hyperhydrosis since I was 2 years old. It got worse as I hit puberty and has continued get worse as I get older. I have it in my hands, feet, and armpits. I wear mostly black or polyester to hide the sweat marks in my clothes, but some days my shirt is wet all the way to my waistline. I have had some doctors tell me that my case is the worst that they have ever seen. I am hoping and praying my suffering with this has come to an end.

So, I am little over 24 hours post procedure. I...

So, I am little over 24 hours post procedure. I have to say, I am a bit surprised how much swelling I have. My torso and arms and breasts are at least one size bigger, if not two from the swelling. I know it will eventually go away. The swelling set in with hard bumps appearing first around 5 hours. The worst at about 8 hours and now the swelling is about the same at a little over 24 hours. I have to say, last night I felt a lot of hot burning, itching deep in the tissue and was located in certain areas that ibuprofen wasn't really controlling. However, I had no choice, but to get through it. That seems to be better now. Red hicky marks have appeared now, which others commented on as well. I had used iced continually with very little break from it. I haven't sweat yet at all, that is including hands and feet so I am not sure if it has worked.

It has now been 9 days since the procedure. Most...

It has now been 9 days since the procedure. Most swelling went away on day 6-7. Still have some pretty large bumps that are tender to the touch. The sweating, well it has decreased some, but not as much as I would like. My right side sweats more than my left and it is decreased for sure. I can honestly say I will be asking her to it up to a 5 if she will and cover a larger area. There are times when I feel the heat like I am sweating really bad, but it far less than before. At this point, I still need to wear black and polyester blend clothes to hide the marks :(

Not working like I had hoped

I am about 6 weeks post my 2nd procedure. The sweating has returned. At first I had no sweating at all and about 2 weeks ago it was a switch went off and now I am sweating again daily. I was told that I may need a third procedure because the results the first time was like I had nothing done. I honestly don't know at this point if I would pay another $1400 to do it again. I have been disappointed twice now, not sure that it is worth investing any more into. I swear in my hands, feet, armpits, groin, legs and stomach. Hands, feet, and arm pits are the worse and will actually drip sweat like a faucet. I might reach out to the office to see how much they would charge for a third procedure. I honestly am not sure I want to endure it one more time either. I feel very disappointed for sure!!
Christie Obranovich

They are the go to in ATX

I have heard of people using botox. Have you already tried that?

I'm 40 years old and I've had hyperhydrosis all my life. My doctors have told me is that worst form they've ever seen. After doing my own research I found about a drug called Robinul that has a side effect that decreases sweating. I started using Robinul a year or so ago and it's been a miracle. I take 3 to 5 1mg tablets every morning an hour before breakfast and I have no sweating the entire day except under my arms. This is a miracle drug to say the least! The drug does cause dry mouth and really dry hands and feet but I'll take that over swaty palm, feet and anywhere else there happens to be a sweat gland.

Hello, I've been suffering from severe hand sweating and nothing is working anymore not even botox. Do you need a prescription to buy this medicine? Many thanks for sharing this
Yes, Robinul is a prescription. I take 1 mg twice a day and you can go up to three. If you take it everyday and don't skip it helps some, but I still sweat. I am thinking of trying Botox.

Thank you so much for starting your story and posting pictures. Wow, you have struggled with this since you were 2?! :( I will really be hoping this offers permanent reduction in the amount of sweating for you. Please continue to keep us updated. Good thoughts your way!