54 Yeas Old Mother of 4 Adult Children. Retired from Federal Civil Service - Marrero, LA

5'2" tall with bad back pain and knees. Could not...

5'2" tall with bad back pain and knees. Could not walk more then a block or climb a flight of step without being out of breath and in pain. Husband had it 6 months before me and I decided I was worth it. My insurance paid for it which was one of the deciding factors in my actual decision to have it done. In retrospect if I were to do WLSZ today I would look at the sleeve. My husband myself and my younger daughter have done really well with the lap band but many have have lots of problems. Do your research !
Can I ask you what insurance carrier you have?
can i ask what insurance carrier you have?
can I ask what insurance carrier you have?

Oct 2014 will be 7 years post op

Real short post. I did we'll with my lap band and I am happy I did it. When and if you decide to do WLS please do all your research both pros and cons for each type of surgery. Seams like every few years they come out with something new. When you and your surgeon decided on which one to have make sure you follow his instructions. Good luck and God bless all of you.

Just some pictures

Remember to start exercising as soon as you are told you can. Walking is an awesome start. Up and down your street is fine to start and try to build on that. I waited almost 18 minths to start exercising and I believe that is why it took me so long.
You look amazing. I'm going for the gastric sleeve. My surgeon told me they take out way more lap bands now than they put in. So many are going for the gastric sleeve. I'm glad to see that you've done well.
Dr. David Treen