I Am a Plastic Surgeon and my Career Depended on my Vision - West Hollywood, CA

Hi everyone, I am a plastic surgeon in Beverly...

Hi everyone, I am a plastic surgeon in Beverly Hills and was getting sick of wearing contact lenses because I started to get dry eyes, and was just annoyed at not being able to see. 2 other eye surgeons recommended Dr Benjamin to me and I could not be happier. I did not have LASIK, instead, I had a Visian ICL (lens implant placed) because my vision was too bad for LASIK. From the point where I walked into his beautiful office, to meeting his friendly staff, and finally Dr Benjamin, I was great impressed. I could tell that Dr Benjamin was passionate about eyes and getting me the best vision possible. With my severe myopia (nearsightedness), he could've done LASIK, but my vision quality would not be the best. With the ICL implant, I could get high definition vision, and he could make it where I wouldn't need reading glasses until I was much older. I am 35 now, and would probably need reading glasses by 40-45. It would've been a waste to go through surgery, and then need glasses afterwards.

It has been over a month, the surgery was easy breezy, I was back to work the next day. No pain, minimal discomfort, and I was 20/20 4 hours after my procedure at the check-up. He is a great surgeon with equally great bedside manner. Mayka, the refractive coordinator, was also very helpful and informative.

Please feel free to send me a message on RealSelf if you would like some more details.

Thanks for sharing your experience, Dr. Shemirani! I'm glad everything went well.
West Hollywood Ophthalmologist