Smart Lipo on Arms - West Hartford, CT

I am a 23 year old female that has struggled with...

I am a 23 year old female that has struggled with my weight my entire life. Since January of this year I have been working one on one with a personal trainer four times a weeks along with going to the gym on my own. Although I have lost 25lbs I still weigh in at 175lbs. With my 5'6 stature I am still pretty chunky everywhere!

My arms have always bothered me, I always shied away from tank tops, halter tops, and always wear a sweater no matter how warm it is outside. It took me about a month to decide that I was going to go ahead with the procedure, which I had yesterday!

I have had very minimal pain, it feels like I just had a real intense work out with weights! So far I am extremely happy with the results although I am still very swollen. The doctor told me that my skin was shrinking very nicely during the procedure which gives me very high hopes for my future results!

I go back in two days to the doctor. I will keep you posted!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

It has been 5 days since my surgery and I have...

It has been 5 days since my surgery and I have worn the compression garments 24/7 since I had my surgery (besides washing them once). I am not really seeing any results yet which really have me upset. I know thinking that I will have skinny arms right away wouldnt happen but I would really like to see some sort of change!

My arms are very yellow with bruising. My audits are healing pretty well, all the audits except one look really goo and small. However, one shows bleeding under the skin and is more rectangular in shape rather than circular.... it looks like the the skin was ripped during the procedure.

I went to the doctors on Saturday but they were basically just looking for infections and not the shrinking of skin.... I just need to know that the skin will shrink. I am totally freaking out.

I love my arms! The doctor and his female helper made me feel so comfortable and at ease during the entire procedure!! its almost been 3 months and I have never felt so wonderful in a tank top/ sleeveless dress! I would do it ten times over again!

can you give us an update now that it has been
a couple of months?

Too early to freak out yet. :) You still have a lot of swelling that will need to settle down first. How are you doing now?

Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Dr. S is very upfront and tells you exactly how it is. Whether your expectations are attainable or not.... I appreciated his honesty and I think that is VERY important!