I have always wanted to have a nose job - Wish I Had a Better Result Overall. Complete Waste of Money - Wellesley, MA

I have always wanted to have a nose job. I always...

I have always wanted to have a nose job. I always felt my nose was too "ethnic looking". It was wide for my face, did not create a nice profile and had a sizeable bump in the bridge. Thought having rhinoplasty would improve all of that.

Having done it, I wish I had selected another doctor and my two followup consultations each said they could have gotten a better result. Actually had it revised once by the original doctor and it still does not look much better than it did originally in my opinion although at least the bridge bump is gone.

Boston Plastic Surgeon

I did not feel like this doctor listed to my concerns or desires. Made me feel like I was a good candidate but when I got mediocre results, changed his mind and said my expectations were not realistic. Was condescending and demeaning once the procedures were done and VERY dismissive of my feelings. When I began to get an odor from my nose and I was concerned about infection, he ignored my concerns and told me it was not likely but would not even prescribe an antibiotic. During an aesthetician appointment, she noticed the odor and got her doctor to call me in a script if the plastic surgeon would not. All in all, a very negative experience. I think a rhinoplasty could be a beneficial procedure, but I truly believe doctor personality has almost as much to do with the outcome as skill.

Being that you are a male it is good to have a thicker more masculine nose front view. Did the doctor perform osteotomies on you?
I don't see a problem with your profile it looks perfect
Thats very nice of you to say, but I cannot see how you would think it is perfect. Of course I belive this doctor has been posting responses to my review, etc so I am going to take that with a grain of salt. The profile is very much off balance with a deficient chin and too prominet a nose for the face leaving me with a drawn and tired look due to the pull under my eyes. This picture is after 2 rhinos and a chin implant. The result should be more harmonious.
I understand your frustration but with all due respect I think your nose looks not only good but sufficient for a nice look. I myself have been considering a nose job and trust me if you saw my nose you would be happy with your resulted. From what I understand nose job is not supposed to be perfect but a improvement. So out off all the botched nose jobs I seen yours looks normal and no I didn't read your doctors posts.
Again I really appreciate your response. A real boost to the ego. And no it does not look awful but it is not an improvement to my original appearance which is whats sad. I wanted it less prominent, less wide and not crooked which is clearly is in the head on shot. My best friend of 25 years accused me of backing out. That is how slight any change was. ANd if you are going for slight and subtle, that is one thing. But I wanted dramatic and got practically no alteration with TWO rounds of surgery, an infection and a lot of money. In fact, the appeal you ARE probably seeing is the result of adding the chin implant in this same surgery. Without that, the nose looked even worse in comparison to the profile. But I really appreciate the encouragement.

Thanks so much for sharing your story and photos here on RealSelf. I'm sorry you're not happy with your result. What were you hoping for that you didn't get?

If you're considering a revision, you might want to check out RealSelf's Revision Rhinoplasty community for more information. Good luck and please come back and let us know what you decide!