I have always wanted to have a nose job - Wish I Had a Better Result Overall. Complete Waste of Money - Wellesley, MA

I have always wanted to have a nose job. I always...

I have always wanted to have a nose job. I always felt my nose was too "ethnic looking". It was wide for my face, did not create a nice profile and had a sizeable bump in the bridge. Thought having rhinoplasty would improve all of that.

Having done it, I wish I had selected another doctor and my two followup consultations each said they could have gotten a better result. Actually had it revised once by the original doctor and it still does not look much better than it did originally in my opinion although at least the bridge bump is gone.

Boston Plastic Surgeon

I did not feel like this doctor listed to my concerns or desires. Made me feel like I was a good candidate but when I got mediocre results, changed his mind and said my expectations were not realistic. Was condescending and demeaning once the procedures were done and VERY dismissive of my feelings. When I began to get an odor from my nose and I was concerned about infection, he ignored my concerns and told me it was not likely but would not even prescribe an antibiotic. During an aesthetician appointment, she noticed the odor and got her doctor to call me in a script if the plastic surgeon would not. All in all, a very negative experience. I think a rhinoplasty could be a beneficial procedure, but I truly believe doctor personality has almost as much to do with the outcome as skill.