Thigh Lift and Lipo - Wellesley, MA

Excessive skin and fat on thighs.

Excessive skin and fat on thighs.

I had an excessive amount of saggy skin and fat on...

I had an excessive amount of saggy skin and fat on my thighs. The incisions are where my thigh meets my torso. The front scar will be high enough that my panties will cover it and the back scars will be hidden in the crease under my butt cheek.

The surgery was performed in a hospital verses a surgery center and I spent the night in the hospital. The next day my daughter took me home and took care of me. I would not recommend skipping the hospital stay or going home alone. I needed help for a few days.

I had Vicodan and ibruprofen for the pain (I was off the Vicodan in a few days and took the Ibruprofen for 2 weeks). I will take iron tablets and vitamin C three times a day for a month. I will wear a surgical compression garment from my midcalf to my waist for months. It is similar to Spanx but has a zipper fly and is more comfortable than I expected.

I was bruised, tender and my legs were swollen due to the edema. Dr O'Sullivan went over everything with me in advance so there were no surprises. I am 3 weeks out and loving my new thighs! I noticed a difference immediately after the surgery and as the edema lessens they get better and better. I will update this post as I heal.

Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

She is not just an exceptional surgeon - she is a healer. Her hands changed my body but more importantly she went above and beyond by reaching out and healing my negative body image. She spent a great deal of time with me before the surgery answering all of my questions and giving me several options while never making me feel rushed. She always treated me like a person not a patient number. She is equally professional and personable. The follow-up care is exceptional - she contacted me often and encouraged me to contact her with any concerns. You will NOT find a better surgeon!

Thanks for your update Lynn. I look forward to seeing how you progress through the healing period.

Hi Lynn,

Thanks for sharing your story with us. How did you find the surgery/recovery period?

Kirsty