Wonderful Job on my Saddle Bags and Thighs! - Wellesley, MA

I'm 48 years old and had smart lipo as an...

I'm 48 years old and had smart lipo as an in-office procedure 6 weeks ago. I'd always been self conscious about my saddle bags and felt like I had "double hips" and had lived in spanx all my life. Even in the middle of a hot summer, wearing a loose sundress, I had to wear spanx to smooth out my hips. Dr O'Sullivan did an awesome job shrinking my saddlebags, upper hips, back of thighs (banana rolls) and inner thighs. After 6 weeks I have lost 1.5" around my saddlebags, 1" on my upper hips, 1.5" inches around each thigh and the backs of my thighs look toned, smaller and much nicer shaped. I had my inner knees done too and saw a slight difference there - about 1/4-1/2 inch around each knee however the shape is noticeably improved (I was told I didn't have very much fat around my knees to begin with). I am now able to wear slim fitting dresses and skirts without having to wear those awful constricting spanx-type garments which I've lived in all my life. It is such a feeling of freedom to be able to wear a summer dress without spanx and not to worry about how my hips look in jeans. I finally feel normal and I now like my thighs and hips.

The procedure itself lasted approx. 4 hours (although it felt like only 2 hours) and was a little uncomfortable at times esp. the inner thigh area, however it was tolerable and I was well dosed with pain meds and topped up with tumescent whenever it got too uncomfortable.

Dr O'Sullivan was chatty and friendly throughout he procedure which made it quite pleasant and took my mind off the occasional discomfort.

My bruising took 3-4 weeks to subside and I still have some slightly itchy areas on the outside of my thighs (which doesn't concern me at all as I know I'm still healing) and some dimpling and a little loose skin in the inner thigh area but I can see my skin tightening and smoothing out more and more each week. This was well worth it and I love my new shape! I wish I had done this earlier. I look great in my jeans for the first time in my life and feel like I can finally wear anything I like.

Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Dr O'Sullivan's office had just lost a receptionist when I made my appointment and there were occasions when I had to call a few times before I could speak to someone or even confirm the date of my procedure. The waiting time in the waiting room was a little long at both my pre-op appointment and before my procedure however I consider these things minor given the fantastic job Dr O'Sullivan did on my body. I am very glad I chose Dr O'Sullivan.

maybe that's just you. I've been doing balelt since I was 3, and my feet are pflrectey fine. If you have high arches it is very probable that your arches will fall, but it doesn't mean it will haooen to everyone. And thats so cool! I wish my dad had an awesome job like that. But tbh having to work with other people's? smelly feet all day would kill me :'D ahhahhaahaha

Hey Dragonlady, thanks so much for sharing your experience with us, I'm glad everything went well for you and you're starting to see results from the procedure. It's always nice to fit back into our older (and smaller) clothes! ;-)