53 Yr Old "Mother of the Groom to Be" in Need of Neck Lift.... - Wellesley, MA

I had a facelift last Friday. So far everything...

I had a facelift last Friday. So far everything has gone well, as well as expected. I was very nervous going in but the nurses and my doctor took good care of me and prepared me for everything. When I got home I took the prescribed pain pill and sleeping pill and made it thru the first night. Day 1 post-op went by slowly but with a lot of ice packs and pain med I made it thru. Day 2 post-op was awful because I had so much nausea and discomfort from the bandages so tight around my head along with the tape being so itchy on my neck. I just kept taking the sleeping pills to dull everything. I am not in too much pain on Day 3 post-op. I had my bandages removed today , thank God, as the tape around my neck caused a bad rash. And my doctor took me off the antibiotic as that was what was probably causing the nausea. I was able to shower and shampoo my hair, yay! I loved seeing my new neck, even though I am very swollen, I can see the difference.

Day 6 post op

Lots of bruising but swelling going down

Day 10 post-op

Got most of my stitches out today, very happy so far! Bandage under chin, some swelling under chin and in front of cheeks and bruising on the neck and cheeks. But definitely on the mend!
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Well, you should be in full recovery mode --- if your still on website -- how did wedding go --- how do you feel?
How are you doing?
You look great! I'm glad you're very happy and the stitches are out.
Thanks for keeping us up to date- love to see more photos
What's happening?
Yay for stitches out and your Day 10 smile! Already such a big difference, much more youthful!
Thank you AtoZ! Also can't believe my bruises are the perfect shade of green for St. Patricks day! :)
24 may. I will only have 5 weeks to heal and this is making me nervous.
From everything I've read here, you should be feeling good and looking great at 5 weeks!
cutting is close
darn it meant cutting it close
I agree. Five weeks is an ample time period for a lot of recovery.
I think you will be fine, I'm 10 days post-op, only some bruising with very little swelling left. I got most of my stitches out today and I am very happy with results! :)
Thank you, l feel much more positive now.
Any chance they could move your surgery date up? Mine was supposed to be this Friday the 21st but they called me in February and asked if I could do it sooner, I was glad they did. You can always ask, but if not, you will be just fine!
I have asked and iam on the cancellation list, but they are still awaiting confirmation from my gp that I am fit for surgery. People here are very anti cosmetic surgery.
Well you know they will be "secretively jealous" when you look like a million bucks! :)
I am also Mother of groom and having face lift this coming Tuesday, very nervous but after reading your posts,feel better.
Make sure you understand where incisions will be --have him show you -- ears -- chin!
Westie978 best of luck tomorrow, I'll be thinking of you! I'm 10 days post-op and must admit the first week is tough but then you won't believe how happy you are that you did it and got thru it! Keep us posted :)
He has explained everything and also showed me where sutures will be.
This firt week has not been so bad. Drains out on Friday,slepy much better after that. I also had my eyes done as well as microdermabrasion. Still pretty swollen but already can see a difference.
I am 5 days post op. the first few days were a little rough but certainly manageable I alsohad my upper eyes done as well as microdermabrasion to my upper and lower lips. The drains came out on day 3.and sleeping slightly better. Still have some bruising but alot of swelling in checks. Already my neck looks better.
Good for you, Westie978!
Fantastic. Here is to great healing.