SOOO Ready for This Change - scheduled for surgery on Aug 19 in Wellesley, MA

I am very excited to have found this website and...

I am very excited to have found this website and honestly just reading the stories and seeing the photos encouraged me to take some action. I have always had large breasts, however having my son and nursing for almost two years, my breasts are in worse condition. I am a 38JJ and I'm 5'2 and about 180 pounds. I have had back pain since I was in high school. I go to the chiropractor several times a year for several months at a time. So I went to my primary care doctor they referred me to a surgeon. I also found a couple doctors online and scheduled my consultation. I had my consult last week and I was excited and nervous. The doctor told me he would utterly shocked if my insurance did not cover it. I told him I wanted to go to a large C or average D, he advised he couldn't go as small as a C. I am waiting to hear back from them about my insurance's approval, then I will have my surgery.

This process is scary and exciting all at the same time, but I just can't wait to look at myself in the mirror and feel better about self and to not hunch over and have so much middle back and neck pain.

So it's been two weeks since my consult and I'm so...

So it's been two weeks since my consult and I'm so anxious and I'm getting alot of opinions about making sure I see multiple doctors. So I think I'm going to schedule some more visits. Did any of you just find one doctor and go with that one doctor, or did you see multiple doctors? If you did see multiple doctors, how does it work if one doctor has submitted to your insurance company? Thanks for the input.

Okay so this process has been emtionally...

Okay so this process has been emtionally exhausting. I called my ps about 1 month after my consult I was told they had not heard from my insurance, so I called Cigna and they told me this was denied as it was deemed not medically necessary, they deem it as cosmetic. I was literally in tears, I have this since I was 16 years old. I look at my breasts and I actually hate them I wish I can cut them off myself. So they said I have 90 days to submit information for a reconsideration and I also have 1 year to appeal the decision after the reconsideration. So I took a break from this whole process and didn't too much about it for about a week. Then I was going to request all my chiropractors that I been since for last 10 years. My medical records from my obgyn's when I complain of constant back pain. When I received a call from PS and they called to tell me that after doing a little work they got my surgery approved. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! I swear I could've done back flips. I was soo excited and that mental picture I have in my head of smaller breasts is beginning to become a reality. They scheduled my surgery in August, so now it's a waiting game.

However, I did see antoher PS before the whole insurance denial situation and they suggested another method, so now I'm going through the motions of which is better. They advised they would cut around the areola and not have the scar down my breast, which is very confusing because I have so much stretched skin. So now I'm going crazy trying to find out which is better. The first PS would be using the inverted T-method.

So my question is has anyone ever heard of this other method and would this really work for a reduction from size 38JJ to D. I am going to post pictures tonight so I can get better answers on which doctor to choose.

The countdown is begins

So after my insurance my procedure and my ps did some work and then got my surgery approved, I'm scheduled for August 19th. I am so elated, I can't wait to have this weight on me.
Currently I am a 38JJ and my ps said I would be either a D or DD and honestly I do like have large breasts, just not gigantic and hanging down. So I'm very excited about what the outcome will be. I am 5'2 and I'm 175 pounds, I've been exercising and I even stop eating meat and most carbs. I did this to lost weight but also to try to as healthy as I can as a healthy body will heal quickly and better.

I'm nervous and excited about the procedure, I most nervous about my 3 1/2 year old son, I'm a single mom and he's a hugger. So I'm hoping that he will understand mommy has a big booboo. My mother will be here for two weeks but then it's just the two of us, my boyfriend will be around to help as much as possible, but I'm so nervous.

I have been stalking this site for sometime and this site and you ladies are what made me got my doctor and talk about having this procedure, I've wanted this since I was 16, but I always wanted to be able to nurse. So with that being done, I'm ready to have my surgery.
I'm trying to make a list of things to get before my surgery, if you ladies have suggestions, please send them my way, the best things for scarring, how to prepare my little one for this process.

Some before photos

I'm so ready for the awkward stares to stop

I went out with my son today and I'm typically used to people staring at my large breasts, everyone from women to men to teenage girls. Sometimes I feel like a freak show, anyway today it was different I just kept thinking this will be over in three weeks and there will be no more stares and no more gawking. Also funny thing is I think because I'm so aware of my impending surgery, I feel like my breasts are so heavy and the back and neck pain is even more bothersome.

STD- Ladies I have question about short term disability

Hello Ladies,
I am wondering for all the ladies whose surgery was covered by insured and deemed medically necessary, did you have a hard time with it being covered by your short term disability carrier. I have read the policy and it says that cosmetic surgery is not covered, however since my health insurance has already deemed this medically necessary can they make their own determination and not cover it?

My company's STD covers 100% so this would be soo needed for them to cover it.

OMG, less than 24 hours to go!!

I'm so ready for this to come. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. My PS office called me on Thursday to confirm everything and I didn't know I am supposed to stay overnight. I have to be there at 6:30. I feel like I haven't really prepared for the aftercare, like the rest of you ladies.

1 week post op

Sorry I waited so long to update, but it's been crazy. Okay so the process happened so quickly. One minute I was talking to the nurses then the next thing I know I was waiting up and I honestly didn't know the surgery was done until I looked down.

I was very sick afterwards, very dizzy and I threw up at least three times, however I think it was anesthesia, when I had my c-section when I had my son I immediately threw up while holding him. Anyway I went home and took my Vicodin every four hours and I took it on clockwork so my pain wasn't that bad. I was nausea and dizzy for about three days, then I took off my nausea patch off and stopped the Vicodin on day four and I started to take Tylenol. So now I'm off the pain meds and feeling good.

Yesterday, I had my post op appt and finally got the drains out (side note: I HATE THE DRAINS) it hurt a little to have them removed but all in all it wasn't. Now it is ten times better, I go back to work next week, so I'm trying to get back into my routines and still take it easy.

My mom is going back to NJ on Friday, so it will just be me and my four year old.

More pics

Oh yeah

They are uneven but the left one is very hard still so I think it will drop and soften and they will look more even. I'm very excited about what they look like, especially given how they looked before.
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

I did a search online and read reviews and then I met him face to face and I really liked him and his background information.

Hey how are you doing? I hope your healing well!
Wow! You look great! What a difference :) try to rest as much as you can this coming week. Going back to work is tiresome and wears you out. They really look lovely! I can't believe the lift you have now.
Thank you, I can't believe how much lift there is either. I'm so happy with results. I will definitely take easy, thanks.
Wow you look amazing! Congratulations. I'm now 3 weeks post and I still can't believe I look and feel like this, still on cloud nine. :)
Thank you and I know what you mean, I feel so vain because I keep looking in the mirror. Happy healing!!
Good luck and take it easy afterward. Don't do too much and give yourself time to heal :)
Hey Boston Buddy! Good luck tomorrow, I look forward to hearing how happy you are with your transformation.
Thank you Ladies, I'm so excited. I will post photos and details when i can.
Good luck tomorrow! Can't wait to read about your recovery. :)
Good luck tomorrow!
Best of luck to you tomorrow! Tomorrow!!! Can't wait till I can say that too! I am living vicariously through everyone on this site until my big day arrives! = )
I had one doc tell me he could do the surgery with just the cut around the areola, but all of the others said I could not get a great lift out of it. I think I have decided to go with the inverted T just to make sure I get maximum lift and as small as possible.
I had a recommend the same thing, it was the modified robertson, but after researching online the inverted T was the best for my size and what I want to look like after surgery.
Good Morning to my new Sisters. Sharr1 I'm havin my surg July 30. 40g back to a nice full D I'm hoping. Insurance was back n forth as well. Emotionally the thought of no or lil sensation is messing with me. My friends had a lil prob with that. I pray it doesn't leave. This wk im getn items together n have prepped my 13 son for my newness. I'll be 44 nex month, tired of the pains not feeling right in clothes but truly love full breasts. I'm goin to miss b/c I'm used to them but prob weird not having the weight to carry. retraining myself adjustments how to move .Lol now I can try to jog the 5k I've always wanted. Thxs All for sharing and encouraging us Newbies. Blessings
Sharr1 the loss of nipple sensation was a big concern for me too, I've read many posts and people still have sensation, so here's hoping we are in that percentage.
About the things you'll need, Kimmers put up a list called Kimmers list, just do a search for it on the site and it should pop up. The wait really is the worst part, as amanda5376 said. It might not be just smooth sailing, there will be emotional ups and downs, and there might be complications, but I think all or at least 98% on this site are very happy they had the procedure done. I know I am :D
Thanks Nancy, I'll look for it, I could wait for my pre-op appointment, but I like to prepare.
Honestly, this had been such a piece of cake for me once I actually got the surgery done! There is nothing to be nervous about. If you are healthy and eat well, low sodium, and stay hydrated, having help for 2 weeks will be all you will need! There is so much information on this site and everyone is so eager to commiserate and help in any way they can- we're all in the same boat! The worst part is the wait, after that it's smooth sailing! You'll feel so amazing afterward!!! The only thing anyone regrets after is that they didn't do it sooner!!
Thank you so much, I am very excited and it's reassuring having people who are or will be going through the same process.

Welcome to the community.  You will feel amazing when this is done.