Tolerable Discomfort, Well Worth the Whitening - Weehawken, NJ

I decided to have Zoom b/c I was getting veneers...

I decided to have Zoom b/c I was getting veneers put on 2 teeth and wanted my smile as bright as it could be. I went in and they did all the normal prep work: gum protectant, thing resembling a mouth-guard, gauze, etc. I had 4 sessions of 15 mins. It wasn't painful for me, definitely get any "zingers" but I did have some gum irritation. The best way that I can describe the gum irritation is this: you know how you're eating a slice of pizza with pepper flakes on it and one of the pepper flakes gets stuck between your tooth and the gum and starts to "burn"? Yeah, that.... it was more irritating than painful, to be honest, but I was definitely ready for it to be over after the last 15 mins. Teeth are sooo much whiter (sorry, don't have the exact level)! Waiting to see how the turn out after the 2-day period.

I didn't know about this website before I went in. Actually, I found it b/c I got one of those glorious little "zingers" just a second ago and was like, "what was that? I wonder if that's normal." No one at the dentist told me about them, which annoys me... but again, it was just that one so far (4 hours later). As a note, I have always had sensitive teeth, so I regularly use toothpaste for sensitive teeth (like Sensodyne... but I use the one made by Aquafresh), which might have helped.

HI MacTiff,

Welcome to the Zoom community. I'm glad it wasn't to painful to get the whitening. Did they send you home with a bleach kit of any sort? Did they say how long it will last? Maybe, in a few days you might want to share pictures, the community would love that. Thanks so much for the review.

Thanks,

-Britt

Dr. Simon

Very approachable, listens to what you have to say and all of your concerns, love the e-mail and text reminders/appointment confirmations... all this and they work late, so I don't have to miss work!!