Permalip - Webster, TX

On July 9, 2013 I had the Permalip procedure done...

On July 9, 2013 I had the Permalip procedure done by Dr. Athre. A few weeks prior, I met Sandy, the patient coordinator at my initial consultation and she explained the procedure and office policies to me, then Dr. Athre came in and did a brief evaluation, answered any questions and recommended that if I decided on the procedure that I get the 5mm implants. I told him that I wanted something very natural looking and was concerned about looking as if I’d had “something done”. He assured me that 5mm was the way to go. I was awake during the procedure and after the numbing injections, felt nothing but light tugging on my mouth. 20 minutes later I was sitting up looking at my gigantic lips and immediately regretting agreeing to the largest size implants. In regard to swelling, day 2 was even worse, and my lips were chapped and peeling, however, by day 4 the swelling began to subside considerably and I was getting an idea of what my lips were going to look like when they were completely healed. It has now been 7 days since my procedure and Dr. Athre was right about the 5’s. My lips are larger, but not obnoxiously so and from what I understand, they will go down even more as they continue to heal. So far, I am pleased with the results. Dr. Athre’s staff is very nice and I can’t say enough good things about Dr. Athre. Not only is he awesome at what he does, he has a great personality, is funny, and down to earth with a fantastic bedside manner. I would be surprised if all of his patients didn’t fall in love with him too. I did a lot of research before choosing this office and I’m glad I went with Dr. Athre and highly recommend him for the Permalip procedure.
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon