Permalip - Webster, TX

On July 9, 2013 I had the Permalip procedure done...

On July 9, 2013 I had the Permalip procedure done by Dr. Athre. A few weeks prior, I met Sandy, the patient coordinator at my initial consultation and she explained the procedure and office policies to me, then Dr. Athre came in and did a brief evaluation, answered any questions and recommended that if I decided on the procedure that I get the 5mm implants. I told him that I wanted something very natural looking and was concerned about looking as if I’d had “something done”. He assured me that 5mm was the way to go. I was awake during the procedure and after the numbing injections, felt nothing but light tugging on my mouth. 20 minutes later I was sitting up looking at my gigantic lips and immediately regretting agreeing to the largest size implants. In regard to swelling, day 2 was even worse, and my lips were chapped and peeling, however, by day 4 the swelling began to subside considerably and I was getting an idea of what my lips were going to look like when they were completely healed. It has now been 7 days since my procedure and Dr. Athre was right about the 5’s. My lips are larger, but not obnoxiously so and from what I understand, they will go down even more as they continue to heal. So far, I am pleased with the results. Dr. Athre’s staff is very nice and I can’t say enough good things about Dr. Athre. Not only is he awesome at what he does, he has a great personality, is funny, and down to earth with a fantastic bedside manner. I would be surprised if all of his patients didn’t fall in love with him too. I did a lot of research before choosing this office and I’m glad I went with Dr. Athre and highly recommend him for the Permalip procedure.
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Thanks for sharing your experience! We'd love to see photos (even if just the lower half of your face). I'm glad all went well and that you're happy with your results so far!