Breast Cancer Survivor - Almost One Year - Weatherford, TX

Breast cancer is a diagnosis no one wants to hear,...

Breast cancer is a diagnosis no one wants to hear, but that was my reality almost one year ago. Along with this news comes a team of doctors and what seems like endless doctor appointments and decisions to be made. I could not be more thankful that I had Dr. Camp as my plastic surgeon. He has done a beautiful job of putting me back together again after a bilateral mastectomy. I had expanders for the first five months then we switched them out for silicone implants. Then three months later Dr. Camp did the fat grafting around the implants to smooth out the shape and appearance, also at that time he created the nipples. Tattoos are in my near future. ; )
I could not be more happy with my results. Dr. Camp not only put me back together again but thanks to his skill and expertise, they are better than before! I recommend Dr. Camp to everyone I know!
Yes I never felt pain from the implants , my stomach remained sore and it dictated my movements cause I didn't wonna bend at the waist.
It's so nice to hear that you had a wonderful doctor and staff during this difficult and challenging time in your life. Glad everything is moving along without any major complications. Did you have any work done to your other breast? I have heard the fat grafting really helps complete the shape of the breast. Where did you have fat grafted from? Trinalll mentioned the fat grafting was the most painful part. Would you agree? Thank you for sharing your story on RealSelf!
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

I am so thankful to have had Dr. Camp and his staff Amanda, Stacy and Laurisa in my life during this time. I never felt like just another patient, they were always genuinely kind and caring. Dr. Camp never failed to take the extra time needed to reassure me and calm my fears or to answer my questions. That meant the world to me as I was scared and overwhelmed by all that was happening. I believe along with the bad there is always good. For me the good part was having Dr. Camp and his staff to lean on. It is truly a blessing to have had them there to help me through this difficult time in my life. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!