Very Optimistic -Watertown, NY

I have had droopy , hoody eyes for a number of...

I have had droopy , hoody eyes for a number of years now, So after much research and many reviews i scheduled and had the surgery March 13 .Today is day 9 , swelling has gone down consideralbly .and my eyes seem more open, I will update photos as the healing progresses.

I would like to know if any one has waited 12 days to have stiches removed? i was woried that the stitch scars would not fade without revision, my surgeon assures me that this is a necessary wait time . I know i should trust his expertise , but was just curious if any one else has had this experience most reviews i have read say 7-10 days.

Stiches out today , 12 days after, Doc says they...

Stiches out today , 12 days after, Doc says they were very fine and needed to stay the 12 days because of the amount of work done in that area, Not sure if that makes perfect sense , but any way THEY'RE OUT! and feels good , still some swelling but looks good , i will update in a week ! Enjoying good health and now new lids, at 52

My swelling is almost completely gone and my eyes...

My swelling is almost completely gone and my eyes have opened up more. starting to feel better about the operation And also my Field of vision seems better

3 and 1/2 weeks and eyelids still a little tight ,...

3 and 1/2 weeks and eyelids still a little tight , mostly at night, and a little sore but dont seem infected or anything, any one else experience similar symptoms at 3 or 4 weeks?

60 days

60 days , my eyes feel great , no unsightly scaring ,my peripheral vision has improved and I am very happy
Dr Noaman Sanni, M.D.

I got my stitches out after 3 days, and it hurt like hell. I have a little gap in my incision line, but it's disappearing. I asked the dr about this stitch removal thing and he said the longer you leave them in, the more likely to get that railroad track look. But 3 days still seems fast to me. You look great, eyes are much more open. I'm surprised at the number of men on here, I (obviously wrongly) think men are less vain than us ladies. I should know better, both of my husbands were almost as vain as me:-) Are you feeling good now?
My eyes feel great now,thanks for asking , there is still a little redness , but is almost completely gone, I am pleased with my results, and no more comments like " you look tired" , your results look great , good luck on your recovery.
I know! Nobody asks me if I'm tired anymore! Or if I'm mad about something! I still have little pings and zings of discomfort, but mostly related to my midface lift. My right eyes still swells a bit, especially in the a.m., but I sleep on my right side, so that probably has a lot to do with it:-)
your eyes are looking great! I am 6 days post op and just got the stitches out. It didn't hurt and was such a relief as they were starting to itch really badly. My surgeon said day 6 or 7 to remove them, but I guess they are all different.
I guess 7 days is the "norm" my stitches were left in for 12 days , my surgeon said it was because he wanted to be safe , I was worried about scarring but it seems to be healing well , no raised or thick scars. Just a very fine line .The first week I think is the hardest, It gets better now that your stitches are out , wish you the best for recovery ,it looks like your well on your way to great results !
Fab result Jim! Do many of your friends who you haven't told of your surgery notice a difference?
I have had comments like " did you loose weight? And " you look more rested" and " i like the mustashe " which ive had for a few years lol , but not sure they noticed the surgery directly , I don't think anyone would have figured me to be one to do this surgery . For me this was a decisson which was both a vanity ( being honest ) and having beter vision thing. My hooded eyes limited my side vision
Lol, the mustashe comment is hilarious! Bet you laughed at the time. There is nothing wrong with vanity. Has it helped your vision? I am sure mine are affecting my vision too.
I would have to say that my field of vision has improved , the doc will test it when I return in may for my 2 month check up and I will post the results
looking great Jimbo!
Thank you it does mean a lot to have others notice . I have a problem with looking in the mirror too much , this is a great support forum and you guys are Awsome ! Your doing great yourself!
U look awesome..your eyes have opened up some more..I guess i got another three weeks to go to look like you!!! Congrats..your pics give me hope!!
Thank you for the kind words ,, it does mean a lot to me to get positive feed back ! And by the way , you were fabulous before your surgery and will be even more so as you heal!
It is minor,and thank you for your comment, just wanted to know if it was "normal" I too am on a strict diet , and taking fish oil caps , exercise.
Yes. Jim my eyes feel a little tight at night. I still have swelling in mornings. I am totally strict with my diet. This is normal. Our eyes need to get used to their new normal. ;)
Oh my God 7 you're still having issues after three weeks...and you too Jim..I'm speechless..tomorrow is day 5 for me..
It's minor. :)
Is there any reason why your surgeon didn't cut from the inside so there were no stitches to be removed?? I'm having upper and lower lids done on April 2 and everything will be done on inside
My surgeon did a dissolving stitch inside , then a loose running stitch which wasn't removed for 12 days . This was very odd and not what I was expecting after reading many post here on real self, however I met with patients who went through the same process , same surgeon and wonderful results . I think mine ( only a couple of weeks now ) is healing very well . Good luck on your procedure and I will update my progress if helpful to anyone
I am sooo happy for you! it will feel so much better now!
thank you ! it really does feel better now, how is you progress? it looked like you were healing nicely
I'm only 8 days post so it's not great. We just have to be patient. And heck I still look better than having those wretched eye bags!! I feel like everyone sees my surgery. I have a job interview for promotion so pray it tones down before April 2. How do you feel as a man doing this? Are you as paranoid as us girls?
I am nervous about how it will heal and how I look during that process ,but I am trying to remain positive ! Most people seem to heal fine and look much better for doing it and you like like you will heal very well :)
My surgeon wanted to wait 10 days to take out the stitches, but my eyes felt so tight and were getting tighter that I couldn't stand it any longer, he took them out on day 7. I have hear of stitches staying in 10 days before. If the stitches are under the skin they won't leave marks.
5 days here.