Smartxide Co2 - Watertown, MA

Had procedure on Friday, it is now Monday. Still a...

Had procedure on Friday, it is now Monday. Still a lot of swelling and very, very bright red. Had a lot of bleeding (oozing spots) the first night which then stopped with unbelievable swelling. I think I made a mistake and didn't apply ice until yesterday (2 days after the procedure). For past day applying wet washcloths and big difference on swelling. I currently have no idea if this was a good idea. Much more significant of a procedure than I thought it would be.

I am now 5 days out from the procedure. Swelling...

I am now 5 days out from the procedure. Swelling has been gone now for over 24 hours and the burning sensation is now resolved. A lot of peeling and itching which is getting better. The redness has improved significantly. I had my entire face done for sun damage but excluded the eye area. After the first 24 hours, I had a horrible breakout from the aquaphor and so went back to my regular skin care products which seems to be working well. So far I look very dry and much older (yikes!)and still pinkish. I am still waiting to see if the results will be worth it.

Used a plastic surgeon, he told me a long down time and that I would need a week off.

How did this work out for you?

Hi Snowing,

Welcome to the Smartxide community. Wow, your procedure does sound rather significant. What part of you did you have the procedure done? How are you feeling today? Please keep us updated to how the healing goes.

Thanks so much for the review,

-Britt