Watch out for Cold Sores and Blisters - Waterloo, IL

I wish I had known about some of the side effects...

I wish I had known about some of the side effects before I had the nonablative peel done, especially the cold sore, which broke out less than 24 hours after the procedure on my upper lip. I had my lower face done and when I left the office my face was very swollen and I felt as though I'd been stung by 1,000 bees. I could deal with that. But within 72 hours, I had a host of pimple-like blisters in lines on my face, most prominently down either side of my mouth to my chin. I mean, these were ugly and did not go away for two weeks. More developed in other places over a month's time. Two left scars that remain today. Not sure I will do this again. I think a combo of retinol and pigment regulator plus chemical peels and microdermabrasion do just as well.

Wow 1000 bee stings:(   Not sure I could handle that!!  You sure did have a rough time with this.   Hope you are feeling better now.

You will have to let us know how things work out for you a little bit down the road.

While I thought the nurse who did the peel was very nice and friendly, in no way did I feel prepared for the procedure. I had no idea it would hurt so much or that I would end up with hiding my face for so long until blisters/pimples went away. I'm actually not sure it helped because I was so bothered by the side effects.