Tired of Being the Friend with the Giant Boobs - Wasilla, AK

I have had giant breasts since high school. I have...

I have had giant breasts since high school. I have always had a really small waist but no one can tell because of these puppies. I have several GF's that have had a boob job & they all think I'm crazy wanting mine smaller. I've already seen a PS & am waiting on approval for the surgery from my insurance company. We have tenetively scheduled surgery on the 22nd of Nov. Fingers crossed. I've never been so nervous in my life.

My fingers are crossed for you:)  Let us know the minute you hear anything at all.

Guess which one I am
Wasilla Alaska, WOW. I was stationed in Anchorage while in the AF (long time ago). Alaska is so beautiful, miss it all the time. As for your friends, well, I'm sure they love you, but if they have not had to lug around big TATA's, they just don't understand. I had my reduction 16 days ago...DO IT! It's such a relief and not near as scary as you might think. Check out my profile, I've posted my journey so far. Good luck sweetie ;-)

19 days to go

I have 19 days to go and am getting a little nervous. Lots of planning and cleaning of the house. Making sure the kids are farmed out for long enough. Making sure the cupboards are full of quick and easy meals. I'm usually a big list/planner girl but with this I'm not sure what to expect so how can I plan for it? I'm only taking a week & a half off of work. Is that long enough? Any feedback would be greatly apprecitated.

I agree with Fitgirlnow, if you can be off two weeks, that would be great.
I found that I felt ready to go back after two weeks. One week was not quite long enough. If you can get a couple more days you would benefit from the extra rest.

I'm getting a little excited and scared

I'm not sure exactly what I'm feeling right now. All I know is this morning when I got dressed I looked at the "girls" and thought that our relationship could be better and I'm ready for it. The headaches, back pain, and wearing two bras all the time is getting old.

11 Days to go

I'm not ready. But are you really ever? I've had to pinch myself several times to see if it's real. I've wanted to do this for so long that I can't belive that I'm planning meals and trasportation for my kids and looking at movies to rent on my "vacation". I'm not sure exactly what to expect so I'm trying to plan for everything. My husband is going to be out of town working that week so he's already said good bye to the girls. I have a GF that offered to stay with me the 1st few nights but I'm not sure if I'll need her to. Any feedback on that? I'm kind of a private person when I'm sick or hurt & usually just like to relax quietly on my own. My in-laws are taking my girls so I don't have to worry about them. I'll put some before pictures in a few days. Thank you to all that have shared stories on this site. It's comforting knowing it's not just crazy ol' me who's having all of these feelings.

I think, given that your hubby is out of town, and kids are away, it might be good if your friend comes and stays, at least one night. You will be tired/woozy and possibly a little disoriented for the first few days. My doc, (and others I've heard), STRONGLY recommended/required that the patient NOT be alone the first 24 hours at home. My nurse and doc confirmed, several times, that I had someone who would be with me for the first day or two. I'm sure you are strong and capable, but this is MAJOR surgery. Just my two cents...I'd hate for you to be alone and need help and not have it. Best wishes ;-)
Even though I'm staying the 1st night in the hospital?
Given that, maybe at least have your friend come stay the first full day at home. Here is how my experience went: I had mine outpatient - went in at 8am, home by 1 pm, and went right to bed. Got up for dinner around 5:30, ate a little bit, sat up for about an hour or so, then back to bed. The next day I spent mostly in bed, in and out of napping and getting fluids in. I think it really helps to have someone keep you on track that next (2nd) full day and evening with your fluids and eating. Everything feels tiring the first three days. I sorta lost track of time a bit. I've heard other gals have done the same. If your not comfortable with someone staying around the clock, then maybe at least during the day, for your first two days at home. I think you are quite a bit younger than I am (51), but it's still a pretty invasive procedure. You are your own best judge of stamina/fatigue and pain tolerance.

Pinch me please!

I can't believe this is actually happening. Am I really ready? Are you ever? I'm postin a few before pics so you can all see where I'm coming from.

I did not take into account how woozy all the meds made me -pain relief and muscle relaxants and antibiotics and anti nausea and anti inflammatory (not sure everyone is given all these). There are rules about eating after food and antibiotic one hour after pain killer. either get all the doses ready or have someone to help because I could not keep it straight or remember what I took when. For a couple of days to keep water filled up and eating. I think day 3 I ventured down stairs. It really is fine - no need to be nervous but yes help for 2 days and then friends that can respond to text messages. Good luck!
Don't be scared, you can do this! Heck I did and I'm an "old broad"(51), lol. You are gonna be SOOOOO happy, I promise ;-)

Not sleeping well.

I have a confession. I saw a second PS for a consult. Not that I'm having any doubts about the one I chose but I'm one of those pre-planner, all bases covered kinda girls. He is our top breast dr. in my state. He only talked with me for about 5 minutes explaining the procedure & told me if I have any questions to contact his office. I was totally turned off by his lack of caring. My current PS talked with me for more then an hour about my recovery, my kids, my support group since my hubby isn't going to be here. And she told me she refused to do my BR around x-mas because I probably wouldn't remember much about the first week of recovery and the other guy never even brought it up. The 2nd PS said I could go back to work in 5-7 days and mine recomended 2 weeks. I'm getting 2 different stories from each of them. I'm definetly going with my initial choice. She seemed to actually care about me and my recovery. The other guy made me feel like I was just another patient. (Which is not who I am) I'm glad I went though because it just confirmed my initail choice. Still unreal that this time next week I'll be under the knife.

Oh ya

I tried to upload this one a while ago. Guess which one is me.

Definitely sounds like you made the right choice - follow your instinct -it will be right. You cannot return to work in 5-7 days! I started at 6 days and got very swollen up and painful. you can maybe do part time at 8-9 days at the earliest. It is going to be great - I am 9 days post. Been out a few times - it is great getting dressed without having to work out how to sqaush them down and hide them and have clothes fit well or loose. You will love it. best wishes
Thank you for the info. I had a friend that said that exact same thing so I appreciate you confirming that.
Good luck, you will be so happy once it's all over!

Time is flying

I can't believe this week is already here. I have soooo much still to do. I'm not sleeping very well thinking about all of my chores left. My friend asked me when I had my kids was I ever ready, so I guess this is the same idea as that. My house will never be clean enough, I won't have enough meals frozen, I won't have enough pillows, etc.. Maybe I should just have a glass of wine & realize it's coming whether I'm ready or not.

So excited for you !!!!
You have a crazy tiny waist! It will be even better once you can see it yourself! That was my biggest thing, right after surgery I noticed a freckle on my waist that I could never see before it was crazy! LOL
Just relax, you are doing something wonderful for you. That is a beautiful thing. The biggest change in me besides my boobies is my confidence. I feel so good when I get dressed. Everything in my closet fits. I can't tell you how many outfits I owned that fit everywhere but around my boobs.

Pre Op

Today I went to my pre op appointment. It took a lot longer then I thought it would. My PS made marks on me to "take home" she said, so I can get an idea of how the end result will look. I think they are a little on the small side. She said I will still end up with a big D, but I'm not so sure. She also told me they were just an approximate because she will be actually measuring on surgery day. The V is where my nipple will be and the big line will be the bottom of my new breast size. It looks like I won't have much left. I need some input please!!

Forgot the pic

Oops

You are going to be so happy! Good luck with the surgery and recovery! I've had a super easy recovery, and as you saw on my story, am ecstatic with the results! :)
As long as she has your cup size in mind hopefully it will be okay. Perhaps the line is skin she is removing and she will push the tissue up to get the volume. On this site many ladies are concerned that they end up too big - I know in some ways I liked my larger breasts but the aches were too much, not fitting clothes was intolerable and feeling a fool trying to exercise made we okay with going smaller. at this point I don't know what I ended up with but think I would rather be smaller than larger. Just talk to her tomorrow. best wishes
Yes!! She will be pushing tissue up to create volume. Maybe because I've had them all of my life it seems like I'm losing a toe or something. Silly I know ;)

Done!!

I did it!! I came out of anastecia pretty well. I was really sore last night& didn't sleep very well but this morning I'm doing ALOT better. I'm passing out

Yea! Glad you made it, knew you would. It's all good now, sore for awhile, but still good. Hang in there, speedy healing ;-)
Glad you are post op. i took a muscle relaxant and pain reliever each night which helped me sleep well - even on my back. Take it easy and update us when you are ready. best wishes
Glad you are doing well :-)

I'm doing better

I'm feeling a lot better. I was really scared that I was going to be in a lot of pain afterwards and surprisingly I'm not. I've only taken 1 pain pill this morning and have been really good all day. I'm going to take 1 more now for bedtime. I slept 8 hours last night. I think I'm more tired then anything. Saw the top part of a nipple today & am a little freaked out but I'm sure it's fine. I see the PS tomorrow & get to take a shower after that. I get to see the girls for the first time too. I'll post a pic. Good night all.

Well done you, great to hear you are doing so well, keep the reports and photos coming, those of us waiting still need the inspiration!
You are looking great!

What day is it?

Holy cow. I don't even know what day it is. I'll sleep for what seems like a few hours and look at the clock & only 10 minutes have gone by. I'm going longer between pain pills. I'm really surprised how little pain I'm in. I'm more uncomfortable then anything. I've been sleeping through the night since the second night. I FINALLY went #2 today. (I know, TMI) but just be aware that its an issue. I've taken a stool softener like Colace with every single pain pill. I was never actually constipated but my GI track just wasn't on its game. It was just really slow going. I think it didn't help my swelling issue. I also did NOT get drains so my swelling is substantial. Nipples: WHOA is all I have to say. I can't believe how sensitive they are. They are constantly hard so every time I brush by them I can feel it through my ace wraps. So that's a good sign that I'm going to have full sensation there. I saw my PS yesterday. She did the unveiling. I was really shocked to see stitches and nipples up high. Kinda freaked me out. I'm not gunna lie. She took a hot soapy washcloth and washed them. It sounds weird but I had little bits of dried blood & such so she wanted them as clean as possible before she taped them up. It felt soooooo good. Like when you actually scratch a mosquito bite. I got to take a shower when I got home. Which also felt sooooo good. I just stood there with the water running over me forever. I can lift my arms up just fine so I was able to wash my hair. My girl friend stood right outside the shower the whole time just in case but it all went fine. I'm posting a couple of the pics I have. They look worse then they feel. My PS said they will round out on their own & lose that boxy look with time. My left one she had to go back in and remove a little more so it is a little more swollen then the right and the nipple looks like its facing out a smidge but she said when the swelling goes down that will change. I will keep posting. Thank you all for your support.

Wonderful! happy for you. just keep snoozing for a while...........What is it with lefties? My PS went back and took an extra 120g (750 vs 630g) and the left has had much more aches and pains. Oh well - all worth it!!!
I had 870g removed from my right & 920 from my left. I'm right handed so I always thought that my right boob would be bigger but I guess I'm wrong.
Outstanding. Bet your thrilled. I don't care what ANYBODY says, smaller/normal size bobbies are BEST! They are gonna shape up nice, don't worry. Continued good healing and take it easy over the holiday, HUGS ;-)

More pics

I have minimal bruising and very little pain. If you are just starting to go down this road and are debating on doing it, DON'T! Just do it! It is sooooo worth it. I feel fabulous. I can see my tummy, which has to go, but that's an easy fix now that I don't have those babies in the way. I'm putting a few pics up so you can see how well everything is going.

Looking good!
Looking GREAT! And so early in the process, that's a good sign I think. Keep taking care, best wishes.
Awesome! You look amazing! The comment you made about the tape made me smile! I felt so secure and protected with my tapes. When they came off I was devastated lol! I have no idea why. I felt like they protected me. From what I don't know.

Feeling great!!

I went back to work today. I left an hour early so I almost made it all day. I just got really sore. I should've wore a big comfy sweater but I had a button up blouse with a tight tank top under it so maybe that was my issue. But I feel great other then that. I'm still icing them a few times a day to keep swelling at a minimal. I had a few stitches removed yesterday which I didn't even feel. But she left a few in too. I have another appointment for next week to get the rest out. My PS said I look like I'm 6 weeks post op not just 1. & that I should give wound care classes because my incisions look fantastic. All I can say is take it easy & rest as much as possible. I could take a pill & clean the whole house but I made myself sit & watch tv & sleep. Boring I know but I haven't had any issues yet with my wounds opening or seeping or anything. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it stays this good.

Excellent - great job. I have done the same and so far (30days post) have avoided any of the scary complications. Pleased for you. Keep taking it easy!
You look fabulous! And thank you for your posts. It is so nice to know that you've been here to talk to through all of this. You are very inspirational. I hope my healing goes as well as yours has!!!
Glad to see you are healing well :-)

Still doing good.

I'm not even sure what day I am in the healing process but I know it's a little more then 2 weeks. I'm going in tomorrow to get a few more stitches out. Or maybe all of the rest, not sure. I have quite a few dissolvable ones & a few little black external ones. I've seen some of you ladies with staples & I wonder if that's just PS preference like the drains are. Work has been ok but I get tired by the end of the day & don't want to do anything when I get home, which doesn't work with 2 kids & hubby still out of town. On another note: I want to thank all of you who have been brave enough to share your stories & tips. It makes me feel like I'm not alone through this journey. ;) go Ladies!!

This is a great review and you look absolutely awesome. I have my surgery this week with 2 kids also..and I'm so nervous about how I will feel after. They are 3 year old twins. My mom, husband and brother will hopefully be able to keep them busy for a while. Thanks so much for writing your review I hope everything continues to go smooth for you! xo

I wish I would've done this years ago.

I feel sooo good. I've had my days of being sore. And days where I know I've over done it. But, over all, I wish I would've done this years ago. I feel like a whole new woman. I actually want to show them off to people. I'm so happy with my results. I'm really happy with my PS. I can't stop looking at my reflection when I walk by a mirror or even a window. I was never really vain before nut I find that when it comes to my new girls, I am now.

I'm really happy for you! You look wonderful! And like they say, better late than never! Enjoy your new boobies!
Absolutely beautiful! So happy you have good results and are happy with them. Now...ENJOY! Happy holidays ;-)
Really happy for you - yes it is great!! I am loving it also. best wishes

I'm still really happy

I think I'm a little more then 4 weeks post op. I feel fantastic. When I over do it, I still get a little sore. I still ice at night time when I need it. My scars are almost invisible.

Quick Question... I had my surgery on the 17th, so I guess that's 8 days ago, should I still be icing? I feel kinda swollen today and I had my tubes taken out yesterday.
OMG, do u know what I look forward to? Like ur last picture. I have a waistline that is high... But u can't see it because of the big jugs. I can't wait until everyone sees what I already know which is, I'm really not that big.
AMEN! Plus, EVERYONE thinks I lost like 10-15 pounds! BONUS. It's wonderful and uplifting ;-)
Dr. Dean

Dr. Dean was professional, courteous & a real person. She made me feel like I could ask her anything. I would definitely recommend her!!