No More "Front Butt" - East Lansing, MI

I had four babies in 5 years; Daughter 1 8#1oz,...

I had four babies in 5 years; Daughter 1 8#1oz, Daughter 2 9#13oz, then twin Daughters at 7#12 oz and 7#14 oz. They took the twins c-section with a vertical incision from navel to hairline. In 1994 I had a total hysterectomy and other repairs and they went through the same incision. Needless to say, the result was what I referred to for 30 years as my "front butt". I love my daughters beyond anything, but I dreamed of having a tummy tuck for 30 years.

I finally had the surgery with local liposuction on August 23, 2011. I am very, very happy with the result. I prepared for it for a long time, reading about what to expect and possible poor outcomes or side effects. I would do it again in a heartbeat. My bruising is gone the 3rd week and I am back to work. Abdominal muscles are still very stiff. The muscles up the center of my abdomen are just a bit sore, but ibuprofen takes care of it. I get very strong spasms, mostly at night. I can't really say they're painful so muchs as they are strong enough to lift me out of my lying position.

The surgical binder helps tremendously. I wear a "unitard" type compression garment during work hours; it has a tank-type top portion so works OK. But, the minute I get home, I strip down and get my binder on with a towel under. Other than that, the numbness is subsiding; only some now in my very lower abdomen. It's only been 5 weeks, so I just need more time for the muscles to heal fully.

I never waited more than 10 minutes for appointments. Staff was always immediately responsive to phoned questions. Doctor took his time when I asked questions; didn't rush me. He answered honestly. I had followup the very next morning after surgery and he was very thorough and made sure my husband understood what I needed (I was still a bit under the influence of anesthesia). I know that I could call right now and get in to see him even though I'm not scheduled to go back for a few weeks. Payment was fully explained; no surprises.