So Dissapointed with Perlane Under Eyes - Want my Old Eyes Back

I wanted to look more rested by filling in the...

I wanted to look more rested by filling in the area under my eyes. My skin seemed saggy and my doctor said that injectable fillers could really make a difference. I hadn't read all the reviews that Restylane was a better choice, wish I had. I liked that my doctor insisted on two appointments to do a little at a time with two weeks in between to ensure swelling was gone.

After the first injections, I thought it looked better, but just a few little areas needing touch up. I had bruised but in a week it was pretty much gone. After the second appointment 7 days ago there was no bruising and it looked great right after the appointment and for about 24 hours later. Then suddenly I noticed that in certain lighting my eyes had dark, uneven wormy pouches along the bone under my eyes. I have since seen my doctor and she tells me that swelling can last up to a month, contrary to what I've read on here. My instinct tells me that it's not swelling but overfilling or clumping of product. I have tried massaging but it doesn't seem to help.

I wanted to look more rested but people say that I look more tired. I want my old eyes back but they say this product sometimes last a year or two. Doc says it will still smooth out and lumps/raised areas to come down over time. I don't know if I should try to have some product extracted or try hyaluronidase or do nothing at all. I wish I never would have gotten it done...or that she would have used restylane...or just quit after one set of injections. But I had no idea what to expect. It feels like these procedures are often rushed as though they are so simple and yet I had no idea what could happen. I believe in my doctor's procedures, just think this product wasn't a good choice for me.

I'd only go to a doctor for cosmetic procedures to one who did them routinely and has been in business for Many years. My bosses have been in term practice since 1986. Anything else (like an Ob/gyn) would be foolish. =O
I'm sorry you had such a bad experience but from the picture you posted I think your eyes look really good. Thank you for the post I amd having perlane done tomorrow and am a little scared. I will see how it goes. Thank you for your post.

This is way more hepflul than anything else I've looked at.

I would recommend my doctor from the standpoint that she is an excellent ob/gyn and is meticulous about doing things right, always does lots of researching and consulting with other doctors. I think sometimes the product just doesn't work for certain people. In the future, I just may resign to having no procedures done at all and just learn to accept myself the way I am. Just hope I don't have to wait too long to get my old look back.