So Dissapointed with Perlane Under Eyes - Want my Old Eyes Back

I wanted to look more rested by filling in the...

I wanted to look more rested by filling in the area under my eyes. My skin seemed saggy and my doctor said that injectable fillers could really make a difference. I hadn't read all the reviews that Restylane was a better choice, wish I had. I liked that my doctor insisted on two appointments to do a little at a time with two weeks in between to ensure swelling was gone.

After the first injections, I thought it looked better, but just a few little areas needing touch up. I had bruised but in a week it was pretty much gone. After the second appointment 7 days ago there was no bruising and it looked great right after the appointment and for about 24 hours later. Then suddenly I noticed that in certain lighting my eyes had dark, uneven wormy pouches along the bone under my eyes. I have since seen my doctor and she tells me that swelling can last up to a month, contrary to what I've read on here. My instinct tells me that it's not swelling but overfilling or clumping of product. I have tried massaging but it doesn't seem to help.

I wanted to look more rested but people say that I look more tired. I want my old eyes back but they say this product sometimes last a year or two. Doc says it will still smooth out and lumps/raised areas to come down over time. I don't know if I should try to have some product extracted or try hyaluronidase or do nothing at all. I wish I never would have gotten it done...or that she would have used restylane...or just quit after one set of injections. But I had no idea what to expect. It feels like these procedures are often rushed as though they are so simple and yet I had no idea what could happen. I believe in my doctor's procedures, just think this product wasn't a good choice for me.

I would recommend my doctor from the standpoint that she is an excellent ob/gyn and is meticulous about doing things right, always does lots of researching and consulting with other doctors. I think sometimes the product just doesn't work for certain people. In the future, I just may resign to having no procedures done at all and just learn to accept myself the way I am. Just hope I don't have to wait too long to get my old look back.