New and Improved...hopefully - Washington, DC

I went to vital surgical in washington dc. The...

I went to vital surgical in washington dc. The staff is very personable and patient. I really liked how they not only talked me through everything, including tellbme what feelings to expect, they also asked me over and over again if I had any questions.

I was really impressed by the fact they did mind me taking pictures and having them take pictures for me. My appointment time was 6:30am on a Saturday and the actually procedure started at 7:30am after my paperwork and prepping was done.

Dr. Àraya and I talked through the whole thing and I only felt a slight discomfort when he was injecting me with the solution.

I can't wait to go back for my follow-ups and to see the final results in a few months.

The only thing I don't like is the diet plan, I don't like to diet anyways.

Ok so it's been one week since the surgery and...

Ok so it's been one week since the surgery and I've had two follow-ups so far. My doctor says I am healing at a rapid rate. Some of the symptoms that he told me to look forward to are already occuring. We had to change our game plan and he just asks me how I am feeling.

The numbing feeling that I should have for about a month has already started to go away and I am feeling these prickly sharp needle pain in all the places that were lipo-ed. The vicodin does nothing for me at all. I have been taking 800 mg of motrin and tylenol. Antoher issue that I have is that I sleep on my back and so I am probably making myself more uncomfortable with that.

Today I woke up and had a sudden itch attack. I thought I was going to die because I really don't want to mix benedryl with the other meds and I am scratching areas are don't have all the feelings in them. I can't feel myself scratching!

As far as the swelling, I can't really tell the difference yet. I mean I do see that I'm not overly swollen, but I can really see results like other people said yet. I hope to see something by the end of December.

The one thing that I am not doing right is eating. The doctor asked me if I am following his diet plan and I am absolutely not! I asked him if I cann start to work-out again and he says yes so I know that I can start my diet too. I like to workout and diet together. It works for me so hopefully, even though this is Thanksgiving week, I will have the necessary willpower to make it through without over-eating.

The final thing I wanted to mention was I am traveling over the holiday and my doctor told me to not to wear my compression garment for more than a 3 hours drive. Who knew that can cause blood clots. I'm still nervous about not wearing it for that length of time. And on top of that, I have to stop and walk around every 2 hours.

Two weeks since my surgery. I have good news and...

Two weeks since my surgery. I have good news and bad news. The good news is that I feel absolutely no pain (the doctor said that I healed extremely fast). The bad news is that, even though I am still alittle swollen, we can tell that I will need a touch up because all of the fat is not gone. I will have the additional fat removed in March. The doctors wants me to wait about 4 months and then he will go in around my bra line and suck out that fat. In the meantime, I plan to diet. The doctor told me that I am a great size and don't need to diet, but I want to try to do my part and maybe I won't have to have the additional surgery in March.

The other thing is that was told I could workout as of last week and when I tried it was a disaster. I jogged, jumped rope and lifted light weights. My body swoll up so much I was miserable. Of course, the doctor said no more jumping rope. I am only allowed to walk and lift the light weights.
Dr. H. Araya

I gave them the rating because they are great. I choose the provider because I have friends who used him too.

Congrats on ur procedure...what did u have done??
Thanks. I had my back flanks done