Smart Lipo in 2 Weeks - Washington, DC

I am 34, 5'9" and now 222 lbs. I am...

I am 34, 5'9" and now 222 lbs. I am scheduled to have my upper and lower ABS done January 12, and after I will have my back and flanks done later. Since im paying cash, it will take me a little bit to save up the rest. I had not lrepared to have surgery so fast, and so thats why.

Right now, my doc is running a winter special so you should check him out.

I can't say how many times I almost made the mistake of going to a MedSpa, that later I would find really bad reviews or horror story. This site has been a godsend. I was impressed by the comments and instruction that Dr. K has provided to members in this community and so I followed his advice and looked for a dr that was a certified plastic surgeon and NOT a cosmetic surgeon or person certified to use equipment. Over the past month and a half I have read horror story after horror story and one of the most common denominators I could see was that many of these poor women went to MedSpas and not actual certified plastic surgeons.

I used to model for a national laser hair removal company and more often than not, they'd have people who would go to weekend conferences to purchase and get training and certification on equipment and new procedures. These boost the annual revenue of many practices that have now had to think of other ways to make money because HMOs and insurance premiums are breaking their pockets. Regardless, it's simply never a good idea. They simply aren't skilled.

Saving money when it comes to your body shouldn't be the goal. This, ultimately, boils down to your life in the hands of another. I wouldnt go to my dentist for an orthopedic issue. And I wouldn't go to a general surgeon to do eye surgery. There's much to be said about a doctor who practices regularly in his/her specialty. Cutting and suturing they may do, but an artist is required for plastic surgery. I think Dr. k will do quite as well as this is his specialty and what he does 24/7/365.

My body generally has always responded well to exercise....until I had issues with estrogen dominance. Taking birth control to correct my periods since I was 18 has done terrible damage to the estrogen/progesterone balance in my body as well as my thyroid. It's been cause for much unexplained weight gain, specifically breasts, abdomen, hips/butt, thighs.

I exercise regularly and eat pretty healthy. I did ballet for several years as well as Pilates. I still have a strong core even though you cant see it underneath the layers of fat. I also do heavy lifting three times a week, and it has been the best way for me to shed pounds very fast, even moreso than any cardio exercise, but it also preserves my muscle whereas cardio burns it up. With all that, I burn about 900-1000 cal in one workout session of only an hour. But if you looked at me, you simply cannot tell.

I've counted calories etc...been there done that. I realized that I have to try a homeopathic approach to regulating my hormonal issues. I've found great things that are working but they take more time to be effective than traditional medicine.

In the meantime, it has been really discouraging to work my ass off exercising only to see that these areas, mainly my stomach,refuses to budge. I will provide measurements and pics later.

I'm not using surgery as weight loss, but as a way to take care of an area that is NOT responding well to exercise. The rest I will take care of on my own.

My doc did explain to me what he would do, and he also set me up to have both sensible and reasonable expectations. He also explained to me about doing my part in getting the best results that are lasting. He talked about weight gain after and how that would look, and about the responsibility of keeping my weight down. He said that many people use this as weight loss and relax after, not watching what they eat, nt exercising, etc... And they gain10 pounds and don't know how it happened. But now that an area has had fat removed, the other areas will bear the weight gain, and then you have more problems.

So I am taking his advice to heart and I feel a strong responsibly to take seriously what he said, and to exercise and eat right.

Four more days!!!! I've just been trying not to...

Four more days!!!! I've just been trying not to think too much about what I'm about to do. It's really hard not too though.

I've been working out religiously and plan to continue as soon as my doc will allow.

Other than that, it's just a waiting game here on out ; )
Chevy Chase Plastic Surgeon

can you post some current pictures of your progress?
good luck i can't wait to c ya results
how did it go? hoping you didnt abandon this site because i want to hear abiut your results!
Just thinkin bout ya!!!!

How u feeln???
I am so glad that I finally found someone with the same condition I have, pcos. I have asked my dr a million questions and read about a thousand articles but would love to speak with another actual person that knows what to take to help our condition. Could you please let me know what herbs you are taking? I have the belly fat and the hair growth is due to the increased amounts of testosterone in our systems because our endocrine levels are out of wack. Please let me know how the tummy procedures work. Thanks
Hey January Noir, I was wondering how you are doing? I see now that you will post a follow up when you feel up to it. Sorry it was painful. I hope you are healing well emotionally and physically. Be well and take care.
Pretty Girl--

Thank you. I hope Your procedure goes well tomorrow! Are you using Dr. k? Also, are you getting anesthesia? I will post my follow up soon but I haven't been ready. My procedure was extremely painful and I've not really felt like talking about it to be honest. It was a very emotional time for me. I was not prepared for that level of pain and I regret that I did not choose general anesthesia.

But after, the healing part hasn't been very painful just really sore. The first night was the most difficult.
Soooo I saw your Pics and had to comment. I am scheduled for my pre op this Thursday 01/19/12 and I am beyond nervous! Ugggghhhh I've had a submental liposculpture before and I experienced slightly rapid heartbeat perhaps from the anesthesia and don't want that to happen again :( Not even concerned too much with the pain. I pray all goes well for you and can't to see your Pics.
Good luck today! You'll do great!
Oh man! Taht sucks because music really helps me a lot to calm down.
Bring your music but I don't think you'll be able to focus on it with him talking to you etc. It would be better if they pumped the music in the room. My phone and earphones became a bother after a while and I had the nurse put it away. Didn't bring it the second time.
Thanks ladies! Yes, I am ready. As ready as I'mgoing to be but not gonna lie, a little scared. Hopefully my music will keep me calm.
Ur gonna do great!!!!!!
You ready???
I can so tell you will look great! Can I have some of that boodie!?
Hahaha! Yes! Let's ask the doc and see what he says about a direct transfer? hahahaha

I really hope he can get my tummy as small as possible. I dont expect it to be flat though. I have what's called a PCOS/diabetic belly. Most women with PCOS have it. Tremendous weight gain that's unexplained, and moreso in the hips and belly. But also the backfat is also due to insulin resistance, which PCOS causes.

I found some natural herbs to take that people have been successful with, but some of them I cannot take until after the surgery. I just found out about all this, and it explains a lot, espeically my weight gain, and the hair growing on my face.

I have to go back and have my back and flanks done. I"m confused though, are flanks your sides?
BTW: If you want a butt, deep squats with heavy weights does the trick. I used to have a flat butt in the back and wide on the sides. Pilates and weight lifting gave me a butt. There is fat there, but believe it or not, a lot of it is muscle. I was a ballet dancer for some years so I have a good muscle base. I will be happy to see it again. I am giving myself 'til June to loose at least 25 lbs.
Yea the flanks are your sides (waist) going into your lower back. It makes that hour glass shape. He goes in from your lower back to get that area. Dr K is good that he doesn't makes the section's separate. He didn't do my back all the way up to my bra but he went up a bit past my waist back there. He's finished with my flanks and will work on my stomach again (both upper and lower are one area to him). Although I will show him where I think one side goes in a bit more than the other. Maybe he will fix it while he's in there or maybe its swelling.
I've got two small lumps on the side that hurt when I touch it but you can't see it. I'm so scared of my stomach looking lumpy.
When I get my back and flanks done, I told him I wanted him to go all the way up to the area that's underneath my armpits and all the way down to the lower back and flanks.

I really like it that he doens't charge separate for those areas. I think docs do that to get more money out of you, but he just charges whatever he's going to charge and that's it. No games, and I like that because I really left his office feeling like he had good integrity.

I dont think your stomach will be lumpy at all. With the swelling, it may be until it goes down. But I think the finished product will be great. He seems to really know what he's doing.
Hey girl good luck in a few weeks! I'll be back there on the 5th!