Best Decision I Made -Washington D.C.

I am an 18 female that weighted 360 pounds and is...

I am an 18 female that weighted 360 pounds and is 5'7ft. It had been suggested that I had the sleeve gastrectomy done since I was 15 years old, but out of fear and because I was so young I did not do it. Once I was 18 I knew that my weight would only increase, and since I had gallstones the doctors suggest that I have both procedures done at once. I started the pre-op diet on March 4, 2013 and my surgery was on March 18, 2013. The first few days on the pre-op diet were very difficult, but I knew it had to be done. Between those two weeks I had lost 20 pounds. Since the beginning of this journey that started on March 4, 2013, I have lost 35 pounds in 4 weeks. The only problem that has happened since the surgery has been that my arm/ shoulder has been hurting a lot and the pain does not go away. Other than that the surgery was great. My goal is to lose 180 pounds by the time I'm 21.

I love to hear stories like this, keep us posted on how your doing. I seem to be stuck right now, no weight gained or loss I don't know what to to at this point.

Hi there, welcome and thanks so much for sharing your journey with us!

Wow, 35 pounds already is awesome! You're doing great! Are you still on a liquid diet, or have you moved onto solid foods yet?

Hi. Thanks. Not yet in about 2 two weeks I can start on the soft foods.

Ah, okay. Are you feeling good so far? Any post-op issues, apart from your sore shoulder?