Rhinoplasty 1 Week Ago, Still Swollen

I had Rhinoplasty done 1 week ago and I had my...

I had Rhinoplasty done 1 week ago and I had my cast/splints/sutures removed yesterday. It really doesn't even look like anything was done -- the tip of my nose is so swollen it seems it is even bigger than before!

As I was removed the scabs, I accidentally pulled at one of the dissolvable sutures inside my nose. Another thing that I noticed was there is a slight bump at the very top of the bridge of my nose that was not present before surgery. I am not sure if this will go away with time/healing.

I hope everything turns out ok, I know it is still very early to tell what my nose will even look like a few weeks from now!

Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

I feel you bro, i have the same problem, did mine 3 weeks ago but the bump somehow is still there, will have to wait at least 6 months to c, but i bet there won't be too much change from what is there now. Bone cannot subside like flesh. Just be patient... Gud luck
Would you recommend your surgeon? Would you be willing to divulge his name? I am in Washington DC and am interested in this procedure. Thanks.

Hello, Yes i would 100% recommend my surgeon. His name is Dr. C and he works out of GBMC. He is fantastic and his bedside manner is the best! He took digital pictures before my surgery and actually performed the surgery on the computer, so I could get a better idea of what to expect. Everyday, the swelling goes down and it looks better and better. I am so happy I decided to go ahead with this surgery - it was worth it 100% and I would do it again! Please feel free to contact me with any questions and let me know what you decide to do!

Edited by Sharon: We've added your provider info to the review. Thanks!
Thank you so much. This is quite a big deal for me personally, so I am doing all I can to get as much information before I start visiting specific surgeons. I will certainly look into him and your recommendation is very appreciated!
That's great! I'm very happy that you are pleased with your result. It is definitely anxiety provoking seeing the cast come off your nose and seeing that swollen tip the very first time after surgery. That's the point where you just have to trust your surgeon, take a few deep breaths, and let time do its thing. Way to go!