Rhinoplasty for Deviated Septum

I was transferred from Chicago to Washington DC by...

I was transferred from Chicago to Washington DC by my employer and I needed to find a new Ear, Nose, Throat Doctor due to being treated for Acid Reflux. When I went to the new ENT in DC he advised me that I had a Deviated Septum which was news to me. My doctor in Chicago never advised me that I had a Deviated Septum which would have been nice to know. My DC doctor provided various treatments to determine if my condition would improve which it did not. The final recourse was to have it surgically repaired which was done last November.

After the initial misery of the surgery it has been one of the best decisions I have made. I am able to sleep better at night and the repair of my nose has made it easier for me since I am also being treated for allergies and asthma.

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Once I knew I had a devited septum, I had it repaired which made it easier to sleep. I suffered for many years with not being able to sleep on my back since it felt like I was suffocating so the surgery improved my quality of life. Also, due to my ENT in DC, he referred me to an allergist prior to my surgery and again I found out that I was allergic to many things and that I had asthma. I am also being treated for those 2 conditions which has improved my quality of life. I would highly recommend going to a doctor if you think you have a medical condition so it can be treated.

Recovery is no fun, but I'm glad you're able to notice improvement in your breathing and allergies/asthma. Thanks for sharing your story here on RealSelf.