Revision Rhinoplasty, Exceeded Expectations - Washington, D.C.

I had an unsuccessful previous rhinoplasty which...

I had an unsuccessful previous rhinoplasty which resulted in an unnatural appearance and deviated septum. Dr. Chaboki improved the appearance of my nose and resolved my breathing problem. I was able to return to school in two weeks. I'm now three months post op. Most of the swelling has subsided and I'm very happy with the results.
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

I'm an Asian female and had my first rhinoplasty in the orient one year ago. The doctor only saw me once before surgery, assured me he had done this many times before and was too busy to discuss the details. I wanted a subtle change, but when I was under anesthesia, he put a large piece of cartilage on the bridge of my nose without having mentioned anything about it before. I ended up with a large and stiff looking nose. What's worse, the surgery gave me a deviated septum. For a whole year I couldn't breathe through the left side of my nose. I regretted rushing into surgery and going through the pain only to make my nose worse than before, aesthetically and functionally. I was frustrated and worried that I would have to live with it for the rest of my life. When I came to the us in 2013, I started looking for surgeons with experience in revision rhinoplasty. The only information I had was the online reviews by other patients. I didn't have friends or family who'd had a similar procedure. I found dr. Chaboki because he had good reviews on a number of websites. I went to his own website and learned that he specializes in rhinoplasty and has published papers on it. In addition, he favors a conservative approach to surgery, which I strongly agreed with after the unsuccessful experience with my first surgeon. I went in for a consultation during thanksgiving break. I told Dr. Chaboki that my goal was to remove the cartilage on my bridge and solve the breathing problem. He said the surgery could be done without external incisions and explained the procedure to me. Although I felt I had already expressed my expectations clearly, Dr. Chaboki didn't encourage me to schedule surgery immediately. On the contrary, he advised me to meet with him a few more times in order for both of us to get familiarized and truly feel comfortable with the surgery. He also warned me that there was a 30% chance I would need further surgery because secondary rhinoplasty carries more potential complications. I was worried, but I appreciated him being realistic and giving his honest professional opinion instead of false promises. Between the consultations, I emailed Dr. Chaboki with more questions and concerns that came to mind. He always responded promptly and in detail. I was still nervous when I scheduled the surgery, but I knew I was in the hands of someone who was professional and cared about taking the time to discuss my needs. I had the surgery in George Washington university hospital. Dr. Chaboki came to the recovery room to see me before and after the surgery. He told me it went well. I was lucky and didn't need packing inside my nose. I wore a cast for one week and was anxious the whole time. I couldn't tell if my breathing had improved because it was still swollen, and I couldn't see what it looked like. When the cast and splints were finally removed, my nose was covered with the craziest pimples I'd ever seen in my life, but the shape looked soft and natural, and my breathing was TERRIFIC. Two weeks after surgery I returned to school with a normal looking nose. I went back to Dr. Chaboki's office for a follow up 3 months later. He gave me a prescription for the residue swelling. My nose is healing well and I'm very happy with the outcome. I'm extremely grateful for having met Dr. Chaboki. If I had gone to him for primary rhinoplasty, I probably wouldn't have needed a revision, but one year of discomfort taught me to appreciate the good health I'm fortunate enough to enjoy again. I would strongly recommend Dr. Chaboki for revision rhinoplasty because he's professional, patient, and truly cares about communication.