I Cannot Get over How Bad This Looks-- Even After a "Correction" - Washington, DC

I have always had dark circles under my eyes...

I have always had dark circles under my eyes leading people to ask me if I wasn't feeling well or if I was tired. About a year ago I finally decided to give the Restylane injections a try to smooth out the under eye hollows. The first injection lead to a lot of bruising which eventually cleared up. Follow-up injection four months later looked really great as well. I returned in December 2013 to have it done for a third time. I was stunned at how awful it looked after the swelling went down after about four days. Instead of injecting the hollows under my eyes he injected the top of my cheekbones which made the dark circles and hollows look even worse. This was especially true with the left side which had a very deep dark blue V under it. Return to the doctors office on 6 January. He did a touch up with another syringe that I paid for. I left the office figuring that would fix it. However once the swelling went down it was even worse than before. Unbelievable. Under part of my eyes are extremely lumpy and asymmetrical and I still have a deep V under my left eye. I haven't had this problem with the product before so it is the injector. I am very happy that this is not permanent. But I'm still extremely pissed that I'm going to look like this for a while. I looked better with dark circles under my eyes that I do with this mess that I have now! Never again. That was a waste of almost $750.

Getting really worried this is permanent

I have had an infection for over 6 weeks and the lump can't be dissolved and will have to be surgically removed. My surgeon had no idea what to do and didn't diagnose the infection and didn't believe me when I said there was a problem. It has been the worst experience and am petrified that this could leave permanent damage. I have had to antibiotic injections with 6 weeks of oral ones and if the red comes back, I have to have the surgery done immediately. I keep saying these plastic surgeons need to have specialized training when it comes to the tear trough area and know how to deal with complications. If this had been dissolved when I first said there was something wrong, I wouldn't be in this boat. His advise: find a doctor that knows how to deal with adverse reactions so I have had to navigate this alone and thankfully found a facial plastic surgeon who is wonderful and have complete faith in. I should never have been left with an infection like this for 6 weeks. My eyes were bright red and I pray it won't come back once I am done with this round of antibiotics. I wish you luck and have asked people on this site about banding together for a class action suit. These companies shouldn't sell these fillers until the doctor has completed specialized training. They certainly make it seem that if you have a problem, just dissolve it. That is not always the case and had I known about biofilm infections and that Voluma is much more difficult to dissolve, I would have never done it. My doctor said nothing about the risks, just that it lasted 2 years and would love it.
I live in the D.C area, have you found a competant physician that does this? If so can you please message me his name?
No not yet, I didn't get a response from Dr Widders office addressing my questions before going, so all I have are the reviews and his comments on this site, which are primarily about boob jobs.
Just click on my name I believe
Sure, privately I will let you know. How do I PM you?
Yes so sorry you and others get unlucky with this at times, it makes me mad that they have the gall to charge you for any type of correction as well. They don't do that overseas, sadly we can't all fly overseas to get this done!! I was thinking about seeing someone in DC as well "Widder" is that who you saw?
No. I don't want to publicly announce who this doctor was. It wasn't Widder, but if you have a good experience wight his Dr., please let me know. I would like to get this fixed if possible. It has been 4 months and it still looks so bad.
have you considered having the product dissolved?
Might help. Do they charge for that as well?
How did you find your doctor? I live in the DC area and am thinking about this procedure. I am so very sorry to hear about your outcome. I understand completely about hiding behind the glasses. We are our own worst critics though!! Thanks.
Was it the same injector both times or a different one?  I'm sorry you didn't get the results you expected this time, that is so disappointing.
Hi Jill, yeah same doctor. Thanks for your sympathy. :) Fortunately, I can wear my glasses to cover it. It is like waiting for a 750 bad haircut to grow out. It took me a long time and a lot of searching to find someone to do it, and now I understand why. It is a hard thing to get right. The dr who did my injection won't fix it unless I pay for the syringes, which annoys me because it is the way he injected to the product under one eye (product placement), not because he didn't use enough...sigh...I was looking at it this morning after I had put my makeup on, and no matter what I did to try to make the two eyes look somewhat the same, the left eye had a deep hollow. The right eye looks good. They don't even look like they belong on the same face. It is like comparing before and after pictures. Yeah, it is disappointing.
I live in the DC suburbs and am considering having this done, if you would be willing to PM me the name of the doctor I'd most appreciate it, thanks in advance.