Miradry Today - So Far So Good - Washington DC, DC

They placed numbing cream on first and let that...

They placed numbing cream on first and let that take effect. Received approx 60 lidocaine injections per arm - no real pain there - it's like a small pinch and they scattered the inject points, so after the first few, the numbing took effect and reduced the feel of the rest.

Based on the measurements they took, they applied a temporary tattoo with a grid guide pattern on it to each arm. They programmed that grid number into the machine and off we went. Each arm pit required 39 discrete placements of the machine's wand. The wand is placed, it suctions up a rectangular area of skin so it is laying against a plate. The wand won't proceed if there is not a 'good grip' on the skin. Then the microwaves start - you can watch the monitor, it takes a moment for the energy to bring the temperature up to the right level and then you are at that temperature for a certain period of time (I think I was at level 2 - which is about 2.5 seconds duration). Then the indicator changes color to show you have switched to cooling. You are 'cooling' for about as long as you were heating - the wand won't release the suction until the whole cycle is done. (Unless you are in real pain and the tech hits the emergency button).

I out of the 78 times I was 'nuked', I felt pain probably 10 times - and maybe 3 of those was pain-pain, versus discomfort. It's like touching a hot pan only you can't pull away. She stopped after the first time and applied a couple of more lidocaine shots to the area. The rest I just pushed through, as it was not horrible. Otherwise, I either felt only mild discomfort (a slightly warm tingle) or nothing.

Ice and ibuprofen and sent home. Am about 3 hours post procedure now and rather swollen. I have mild to moderate bruising under each arm, which I expect will be worse tomorrow. Bottom line, it is discomfort - and I am glad I am not at the office with ice packs stuck under my arms - but it is not debilitating by any means.

I can't wait to see how things turn out!

Washington Laser Skincare

Closest Miradry provider to my home - I am applying this review mostly to the RN who performed the procedure (Holly) vice teh doctor, who I saw for all of 7 minutes (maybe).

That was a great explanation of what getting the actual treatment was like. I didn't know that the skin was suctioned up like that, then cooled.

Glad to hear you are doing ok at this point. Please update us tomorrow so we can hear how you are. Hoping tonight isn't too uncomfortable for you.