Bring Back the Old You! - Washington, DC

Most people assume that I am a lot younger than my...

Most people assume that I am a lot younger than my chronological age, however I was experiencing the first signs of softening of the jawline and loosening of the neck skin. While I had initially planned to wait a few more years and my doctor certainly agreed that I could easily do so, I decided to go ahead with a lower facelift, neck lift and fat injections to the face. I am in excellent health with good skin resiliency, and therefore at a point in which a very good outcome could be expected. I am at Day 6 after surgery and quite pleased with the results even at this early stage.

The second full day after surgery was the most uncomfortable, not necessarily painful, but the swelling and bruising were at the maximum. I was able to get by with just Tylenol and some Xanax. Many reviews cited the tightness of the throat area and that did create discomfort in swallowing and turning one's head. Plan on lots of soups and smoothies - you won't be biting into a big hamburger for a while and keep a supply of straws on hand. Cups of hot green tea were soothing to the throat. The lack of hearty food has not been an issue for me as I haven't really had much of an appetite since the surgery. But who complains when a few pounds drop away?! I started a routine of Arnica tablets, fresh pineapple and EmergenC drinks (vitamin C) about 5 days prior to surgery to help with the bruising and swelling as much as possible and have continued treatment after surgery.
I also apply Arnica gel to all of the bruised and swollen areas of the face and neck several times daily. Plan to stay in for about 4-5 days, and then you can begin brief trips outside the house. I do get easily fatigued by the late afternoon and find it very helpful to nap for an hour or two. I have highly recommended the procedure to a few friends when they are ready and happily anticipate my six week visit to the doctor to see the resukts at that point. It is helpful to take a few photos along the way so you can see your progress just when you are starting to wonder if those bruises are ever going to fade!

Thanks for sharing your experience and tips. How old are you now?

Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

I cannot say enough about Dr Hopping and his entire staff! He has a superb bedside manner - he should be the chief lecturer on the subject at all the DC med schools. From the first visit to the follow-up calls, his manner inspires trust and confidence. Everyone in the office has the utmost patience and will take whatever time necessary to answer each and every question. He has done several procedures for me and the high quality of the care and attention to detail is consistent with every visit. Outstanding doctor and great skills with terrific results!