Not Sure I Didn't Just Waste $575 - Washington, DC

Just had my first injections in my marionette...

Just had my first injections in my marionette lines, he used one syringe, I am 50. I honestly can only see a very tiny difference, and it HURT. I am disappointed, for $575.

Was done by an MD, not at a "med spa

I went in for a consult and came out with botox and juvaderm. I went "conservative" but still, I had hoped for more noticeable improvement, especially with the juvaderm. I kind of wish I'd donated the thousand dollars to a good cause, not my vanity. I feel vain and somewhat financially stupid for trying to "turn back the clock" when I should just age gracefully and not be so self centered.

The nurse that did mine dumped three syringes into my 31 year old face.I came in for nasal labial lines. I think she overdid it big time, but maybe you didn't get enough. You could go back for a touch up. That seems to be common.
Hi Kle: I had my marionette lines done in October along with the nasio folds and he was very conservative. I bruised a lot and didn't see a whole lot of difference. Also had Botox in the 11 lines between the eyes and they didn't disappear completely either. It just soften them up some. The doctor told as he was injecting the marionette lines that most times they only take 50%, I wish he would have told me that before I had it done! But he was a good injector and I didnt have any lumps or bumps. Just bruising.

I'm sorry to hear you didn't get the results you were hoping to see, but still, don't be hard on yourself for trying it.

You had mentioned you went conservative. Did the doctor encourage more than 1 syringe, or did he/she feel the results were satisfactory?