New Invisalign Patient -- Have Questions

I've only had my first tray in for a couple of...

I've only had my first tray in for a couple of days and so far it's fine, though still a little painful and I'm still having trouble removing the lower tray. I guess that will just get easier with time.

I know, of course, that you can't eat with the trays in, but what about drinking coffee/soda, maybe even red wine. My ortho's assistant said I could drink coffee, but clearly the official stance is only water. I know the risk is staining my teeths or the trays but has anyone consumed coffee regularly with the trays in and if so, were your trays stained? Thanks very much!

Actually I don't recommend or not recommend at this point. Too soon to tell.

with my first set of aligners, i drank pepsi with them in. i noticed a huge colour difference between them and my second set. I believe coffee and tea and red wine and pepsi will stain not only your trays, but your teeth too. I wont be drinking so much pepsi anymore. ^_^
if you drink coffee with sugar or anything with sugar, you must brush your teeth. if you put the invisaligns on without brusing, the sugar residue will give you cavities.
I"m wondering if besides the staining issue, a bigger concern would be the sugar exposure to the teeth under there? That is if the drinks have sugar in them? I'm on week 2 now and I just find the constant brushing at work a pain and my gums are somewhat store in places. I think invisalign seriously curbs your snacking and I am only 120lbs and thin lol. I have lost 3 lbs already and I don't need too.
I drink anything I want to but to clean them, I spray bleach on mine and then brush them. I'm on my final trays and have had no problem with them being discolored. They shouldn't be making anyones mouths sore or cause an odor.... that's just because someones not flossing! They are SO much better than conventional braces, especially for us older ones!
With my aligners in, I drink warm (not hot) coffee with creamer, so it's a little diluted. I also drink red wine, tea and dark sodas with them in. I just try to rinse them off and brush them. The color has not been affected.
The only thing you can intake with the trays on is drinking water.

Some other RealSelfers have had success drinking coffee, wine, etc. through a straw. I can't for the life of me remember who suggested it but they said you'd know pretty quickly if you were good at it - if your aligners start to stain, you should stop.

Hope this helps! *whispers* Don't tell your dentist. ;)

Okay, thanks. I would definitely clean them after drinking coffee, but some mornings I like to sip on my coffee for hours... So i figured it was better to keep them in and then clean them immediately afterwards then to not wear them as much as I'm supposed to. Or give up the coffee, which is inconceivable. :) Thanks again.
I havent had any problems with staining. But if you drank coffee with them in they would definitely smell after, I take them out when i have my coffee.. If you drink red wine with them in you will get wine between your teeth and the plastic and your teeth will look red :( I do occasionally drink with them in at home so no one has to look at my red teeth, and so far my alligners have stayed clear as long as i clean them everyday