Took 5 Years off - Washington, DC

Did entire face 3 years ago including eye area....

Did entire face 3 years ago including eye area. Had brief general anesthesia for pain control at a surgi-center in a major metropolitan area, which probably accounts for the cost. Fraxel does for the skin what no plastic surgeon can do, and I estimate it makes me look about 5 years younger with those skin improvements. I wish I had done my neck and am thinking about repeating the treatment (including neck) later this year. I would say it is difficult to tell exactly what it has done, but since I have a twin it is a little easier. Also am maintaining with Retin A and sunblock.

Washington DC Dermatologic Surgeon

I am a physician myself and have rather high standards for my own care. Dr Tanzi would be, then, a physician's physician. She may not be right for everyone, but she was technically excellent, and that is what counts in the end, not "wait times" or "bedside manner." Laser is, after all, surgery.

I like Obagi and there was another I can't recall (Dermalogica?) which had a slight tint. No sunscreen is better than avoiding the sunlight, however, so sometimes I actually organize trips to avoid sunlight.

I'll have to check the Obagi stuff out. I use a lot of Dermalogica products - love their stuff!

Good for you for avoiding the sun when you can. Since we get so little of it here in Seattle I do like to soak it up when I can...so the block will be a must come spring!

With as much as people say Fraxel hurts you probably made a very good choice going with the anesthesia!

Have you found a particular brand of sunblock you like? I'm using Retin-A too and need to find a good one.

I'm sure if they used anesthesia then the fraxel repair was used rather than the fraxel restore. The fraxel repair has more down time and can only be done once yearly.