Lower Eyelid Blepharoplasty Finally Helped Me Look My Real Age! - Washington, DC

I had frequently been told (and noticed myself)...

I had frequently been told (and noticed myself) that I had bags under my eyes from high school onward. What started out as not getting enough rest for years, was compounded by heredity. I was always tilting my head slightly upward in social settings, trying to work minimize my eyes heavy appearance. Besides probably looking a total snob, it was exhausting, physically and mentally.

Flash forward 15 years later. I now had the financial means to afford to have my eyes done. I did a lot of research online, and was excited about finally being ready to have fat removed/repositioned under my lower eyes. I initially was going to travel to CA to have the procedure done, but ultimately decided to have it done right in Washington, DC, from a wonderful and caring doctor.

While the end results were amazing, the recovery time and isolation, while being exactly as described by my doctor, were a bit much to bear. You really cannot do anything for the first day or two. The eyes are so swollen and the pain is intense. The meds given help mask it, but wear off, and have their own nasty side effects. My eyes were also oozing fluid and were beat red for weeks. Fortunately, I was on a leave of absence already from my job, but you definitely need a good two to three weeks of just staying at home and taking it easy. You also have to sleep in a very upright position for the first week to prevent even more swelling. The whole upper part of the face is so tender and discolored with bruises. Ice packs (frozen peas!) are great, but only do so much.

It was also tough giving up exercise (other than walking), for almost a month, as I am a jogger and otherwise fairly active. You also have to discontinue any specialized products on your face during this time (i.e. glycolics, retinoids, etc...)

It will take several months before you look your normal self again, but in the end, it was worth it. I would do it again in a heartbeat, really.

Washington Plastic Surgeon

The doctor I had was amazing, and so was his staff. He had great experience/credentials and was very approachable during the initial consultation and throughout the entire process, even afterward, giving me as much time as I needed to have my questions fully answered. I liked that his ego was in check and he seemed modest, compared to some other doctors in this business. His patient coordinator was fantastic, and basically walked me through exactly what I would need to do leadng up to the procedure, and also how to finance it (Two Words: CARE CREDIT!!!) Dr. R had a great bedside manner during the procedure, and I knew I was in good hands, even though I was so groggy and disoriented. One of the neatest things was that his practice pays to put you and your companion who helped you leave the hospital up in a nearby hotel for that night. He then paid a courtesy call on me the next morning, which was so re-assuring, since I wanted peace of mind that everything had gone okay and that my current post-surgery condition was normal. Dr. R was great afterwards as well, having me come in for regular follow-ups for the next few months (usually every other week or so) to check my progress. I can't say enough how happy I am with him and his whole team. I have gone back for several other smaller in-office procedures with this doctor, and am grateful that I found a place which has such a dedicated and responsible staff and really puts the patient first.