Fantastic Experience. Been a Little Over 3 Months - Washington DC, DC

It's been a little over three months since my...

It's been a little over three months since my septoplasty/rhinoplasty with Dr. Chaboki and I couldn't be happier with the result. The septum was something I'd been meaning to take care of for about a decade, and my consulting physician at the time recommended that I also take care of excess bone in my bridge which I believe was owing at least in part to a minor childhood injury.

Only a couple of things I wish I would have known: expect possibly some minor effects with the steroids--I was fine mentally, but felt like my face got fuller, temporarily. I also used the eyeshadow applicators you can buy at any drug store to apply the ointment inside my nose (instead of Q tips.) I found them to be gentler and reusable. Also, while I was back on my feet and at the office within ten days, I found that I had a longer-than-expected post-recovery recovery. In other words, it took me a while to feel like running and going at the same busy pace that I'd been used to. For me, however, slowing down was a blessing, and I indulged my extended convalescence.

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

I really have no complaints. I found him to be exceptional. I consulted one other plastic surgeon/ENT in the DC area, whom I did not like and then found Dr. Chaboki. I found him to be immediately serious and professional but warm at the same time. He took out a mold of a skull and showed me the septum and went through what would happen during the spetomplasty. He also took photos and then showed me on the computer what a changed aesthetic might look like. He really won me over with that first visit. He kept asking if I had questions after each explanation he gave. I was apprehensive about the surgery, and he was very reassuring. I also wanted a very natural look, and this is what he gave me. He has both a refined sense of aesthetics as well as a gentle bed-side manner, in addition to being a top-notch clinician. The experience has improved my inner life as well as my appearances in unexpected ways. I feel more confident and open to the world and believe I carry myself in kind now more than before the surgery. His advertisement of "the real self" is true and I believe the perfect description for what can take place.

Glad you had great results. Wish I could see pictures!! :) I had same procedure done. Did you have your turbulates reduced with septoplasty. How long did it take for your inner swelling to completely go down and breathe also how long did stuffy congestion go down. Have you expeirenced any dryness since rhinoplasty. Appreciate your response!
Hi, yes I did have turbulate reduction with septoplasty. I don't recall how long it took for the swelling to go down but not too long...10 weeks maybe 6? The congestion has been more gradual. No dryness.

Hooray for breathing well!

Yes, I am. But I still feel as though I'm transitioning from being a mouth breather to breathing properly through my nose--at night especially. I still wake up thirsty, for example. Dr. Chaboki said this might take some time. I also do distance running, and feel I'm able to breathe more properly for that (in through the nose, out through the mouth.)

Thank you for sharing your experience! Are you breathing better since you had the septoplasty?