Extremely Positive Experience! - Washington DC

Prior to my combined rhinoplasty/septoplasty...

Prior to my combined rhinoplasty/septoplasty surgery on June 21, 2012, I was extremely self conscious about my nose. My nose was bulbously, with a large bump near the tip. The shape of my nose – I felt – did not fit my face. I shied away from photographs, attempted different hairstyles to ‘alter’ the angle of my nose and practiced numerous smiles in the hopes of making my nose appear smaller. My nose negatively affected my self esteem to the point at which I abhorred people looking at me from the side. My nose was a constant thought; however, I didn’t want to be labeled someone who would undergo plastic surgery for vanity reasons, so I suffered, for much longer than I should have.

A minor accident at work, which caused a break in my nose – and subsequently impacted my breathing – was the impetus to seek out a corrective procedure to both restore my breathing and to fix the look and shape of my nose. I had broken my nose when I was younger, which caused the bump on the bridge, but the second break was the cause to identify a plastic surgeon for a consultative visit. Let me preface this by saying that I am extremely thorough when searching for medical professionals in the DC area. I researched numerous plastic surgeons when I finally came across Dr. Chaboki. Glowing recommendations on several sites gave me the confidence to reach out and visit his office. From our initial meeting, I felt extremely comfortable talking with Dr. Chaboki. He explained the entire procedure (including the healing process) and took the time to answer all of my questions during in-person visits, via phone calls and email correspondences. After my third visit, I decided he was the right surgeon to conduct my operation and immediately scheduled my surgery for the following month.

The procedure itself was much less invasive than I thought, with minimal healing time. The initial day of surgery and while being prepped at the hospital, Dr. Chaboki visited my bedside. His presence was extremely comforting and again reviewed the actual procedure. My surgery was scheduled for early in the morning and I spent approximately five hours at the hospital. The actual day of the surgery was a bit uncomfortable, simply because cotton remains in your nostrils to curb the minimal bleeding; however, Dr. Chaboki removed the cotton the very next day. Two plastic stints in my nostrils (to keep my septum open) and a plastic nose cast covering my nose remained in place for seven days following the surgery. When the plastic covering was removed and I was finally able to see my new nose, tears of joy started streaming down my face. I knew I had made the right decision.

I can say with 100% certainly that my decision to have rhinoplasty and septoplasty was one of the best in my life. My breathing has significantly improved and I could not be happier with the results. Aesthetically, I could not be more pleased and am no longer afraid to look people in the eye or worry about where I stand in relation to them. I feel they see me and not simply my nose. The surgery has dramatically improved my self esteem and my only regret is not having it completed sooner.

I'm glad this went so well for you! Thanks for sharing your experience.

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Chaboki’s patience, bedside manner and attentiveness to his clients cannot be measured. From calling the night of my surgery to ensure I was recuperating nicely to his availability to answer any and all post-op follow-up questions is beyond refreshing. He and his staff are absolutely wonderful and I would recommend his office to anyone seeking similar surgery.