Huge Nose Reduced in Size - Washington, DC

I had a huge, wide & shapeless nose, and I...

I had a huge, wide & shapeless nose, and I wanted it reduced in size and refined. Dr. Chaboki recommended narrowing my nostrils, raising the tip, and narrowing the bridge. He did not use any implants to raise the bridge of my nose other than my own cartilage from inside my nose. I did not end up using any ear or rib cartilage.

I had my surgery during the last week of July, and I started my new job on August 3rd. I was terrified of looking like a freak on my first day of work, but thankfully the recovery took less than a full week and I walked into work on August 3rd with just a slightly swollen & upturned nose (it came down to"normal" within an additional three days after that one week of recovery).

Overall: I'm very satisfied with the aesthetic results -- my profile looks SO MUCH better than before, and my front view is somewhat better (not as dramatically as I'd originally envisioned, but my doctor did warn me that given the thickness of my skin, I couldn't realistically hope for a tiny nose). I'm currently in my fifth month after surgery, so my nose may get smaller still over time.

As with everything in life, there are tradeoffs: I think I could have probably had a more dramatic difference on my nasal bridge if I'd used an implant, but the risk of protrusion, infection, and having to get a revision rhinoplasty down the line was unacceptable to me. In the end, I love my new profile/side view, and I'm at peace with my front view.

thank you for writing his review and providing the after pictures
Thanks you look great.
You look great.
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

I'm actually a returning patient of Dr. Chaboki's, so I know from experience his high level of surgical skills and patient care. There are some very well-known surgeons in California who specialize in Asian cosmetic surgery, but I wanted to find a surgeon closer to home due to time constraints & financial reasons. Thus, I needed to find a doctor on the East Coast who rivaled those renowned surgeons' skills and expertise, and Dr. Chaboki (again) was it! *In addition, I had some specific requirements: I only wanted a closed rhinoplasty (which Dr. Chaboki is known for), and I did not want a synthetic implant. In fact, I didn't want to use ear/rib cartilage either, so Dr. Chaboki's methods really ended up working well for me.