Procedure Performed on June 1, Lower Abdomen - Washington, DC

Of course, like everyone on this site, I had...

Of course, like everyone on this site, I had browsed through many of the reviews before making my decision to have the procedure. I purchased a LivingSocial deal for $900 to have the lower abdomen or both love handles treated. I chose my lower abdomen. I am 5'8", 140 lbs, not overweight, but have a pooch just underneath my bellybutton that I have had for as long as I can remember.

I was a little nervous going in, since many people seemed to have had painful experiences, both during and after the treatment. Not the case here! The gel pad that they put over the skin is cold, but not freezing or uncomfortable. Just cold! Then once the applicator was put on my stomach, it was just a lot of pressure when the skin was sucked up into the applicator. But is wasn't painful at all! The first few minutes you can feel your skin getting colder, then just nothing at all. I was extremely comfortable during the hour long procedure, and even fell asleep for most of it!

When the treatment was over, the technician came in and removed the applicator. My skin was frozen in place! It was really weird looking and red, but as soon as she started to massage my stomach, the skin came down and was just red and clod. The massage was not painful either! I understand that everyone will have a different experience, but I want to stress that mine was very positive and not painful at all.

Afterwards, I didn't have any of the pins and needles, cramping, or pain that many people complained of. My skin still feels numb to the touch, and is just a little bit sore when touched or pressure is applied. If I'm not moving or touching my stomach, it feels completely normal. I know that I will have to wait a few weeks for results, but according to the measurement the technician took, I have already lost an inch!

I agree with you completely and had the same experience as you! I look forward to hearing your results, as we have somewhat similar body types. I was able to work out everyday this week, no uncomfortable feelings...good luck :-)
Medical Cosmetic Enhancements

Overall, a very postive experience! Although I didn't see the doctor himself, just the technician performing the procedure.