Droopy Eyelids Repaired with Surgery - Washington, DC

Both eyelids were droopy, the left one much more...

Both eyelids were droopy, the left one much more than the right one. After several years of trying diets, eye creams, magical potions and prayers, I received a recommendation for an opthamoligist who specializes in reconstructive surgery. He was the best, completely understood what was needed and did a superb job. Even a day after surgery, with red, swollen eyes, I looked better. Not like Kenny Rogers, just like myself.

Best thing I've ever done. So happy with the results. It's been a bit over 3 months, and even my dermatologist had a hard time finding the scars.

After a year and a half, I am still thrilled.

After a year and a half, I am still thrilled.

Washington DC Oculoplastic Surgeon

He is brilliant, attentive, and has the hands of a genius. He understands that natural looking is primary in importance.

OK, just updated my profile picture so you can see what it looks like a year and a half after surgery. Go for it, ladies. And post some real pics. Nothing to be ashamed of!

Great pic! You look wonderful.

Like RealSelf? Join us on Facebook
thinking of doing upper/lower but so scared. this is my face!
Wow, you look great! May I know the doctor who this is for you. I would like to have my drooopy eyes done by him/her please. Thank You
Good luck. I was immediately at ease when I met him. He's just great.
Thank you so much! My consultation is scheduled for next week! Wish me luck!
Hi I'm also in the DC area and am having a hard time getting contact info for Dr. Garvis. Can you help? Thanks, Colston

Eye Associates of Washington, 202-686-6700. He is an opthalmologist, specializing in plastic and reconstructive surgery. I cannot express my pleasure with his work. Just brilliant. I don't look like I had any work done, but I look good.

Thanks so much for the contact info on Dr. Garvis. I'll be following up on it. Colston
If you're reading this Colston please let me know how it turned out...I'm thinking of contacting this doctor. I need upper bleph. Thanks.
Fabienne did you do it? How did you like it?
Is there a website for this dr. or for his practice? After reviewing your picture I'm thinking of having my upper eyelids done by him.
No website that I know of. He's an opthamologist, so he won't screw up your vision. His specialty is reconstructive and corrective surgery. I recently learned that my dermatologist recommends him to his patients for any eye work. He's been doing it for decades, and is a master of his craft. Best story: I did not tell my mom about my surgery. Saw her a month ago (three months since surgery) and she didn't notice it, just thought I looked real good. That's what I was hoping for - did NOT want to look different, just like my old self. Do it. You will be so happy with the results.
looks great considering both upper and lower, how long until you were able to go out in public without fear of anyone noticing. stheth
I only had uppers done. It was a week before I went out without sunglasses, another week before it was less noticeable. Really follow the post-op instructions carefully and you'll recover quickly. Lots of ice or frozen peas, all the pineapple juice you can drink (bromines help with healing).
looks good!