A Very Positive Experience.... - Warrenville, IL

In March of 2013, I was diagnosed with cancer in...

In March of 2013, I was diagnosed with cancer in my left breast. I had a lumpectomy on my right breast in 2007. My decision was to have a double mastectomy to hopefully do away with future problems and to achieve symmetry in my breasts. I recalled reading that actress, Christina Applegate, went the same route and exclaimed, " I will have the perkiest breasts in the seniors home." That sounded pretty good to me!
My oncologist referred me to Dr. Noemi Sigalove for the mastectomy and she, in turn, suggested a consultation with her husband, Dr. Steven Sigalove, for breast reconstruction. The Sigaloves are quite the team in achieving great results.
My mastectomy was relatively easy. More annoyance than pain. I healed quite rapidly with no complications. I went right into weekly fillings of saline solution into the expanders in preparation for the reconstruction. Dr. Sigalove and his assistant, Nicole Pope, were available for help, questions. doubts, blue days and good days. They were so excited for my end result that I became excited as well. Dr. Sigalove is patient, and down to earth in his explanations of procedures and what he is going to achieve for you. He is there for you. I always felt the team at his office had my back in support. I can truly say that it was a good experience and lacking in fear and anxiety. My reconstruction went smoothly. The worst of it was the drainage tubes and they were just annoying and in the way. It didn't last that long. I had little pain and very little bruising and swelling. My breasts do not look bad. I have has compliments by two other physicians as to the skill and artistry put into the surgery. I DO have perky breasts that feel just fine in a simple sports bra. I am very happy with the end result. The reconstruction exceeded my expectations. I say JOB WELL DONE and I can not thank you enough for caring that I look as good as possible. I highly recommend the Sigalove team.
Warrenville Plastic Surgeon