Happy with my New Smile! - Warren, NJ

I love my Lumineers. I decided to do this...

I love my Lumineers. I decided to do this procedure to my teeth before my wedding. I have always had misshapen, flouride stained teeth with a small gap in the front. I had the top 8 done. I got one tooth for free, but otherwise it was $1000/tooth. The process wasn't too painful and I am a complete baby at the dentist. The worst part was after the teeth were cemented on, having them filing with a tiny metal saw between each tooth. It was nerve wracking hearing that sawing sound in your head and then the occasional nik on the gums.

It has now been 5 years since I had them done and I am still happy. I do have to go back and have a bleach treatment done because along the gum line the bonding discolors. Also, I have noticed a small chip at the very top along the gum line on my front tooth. it's up so high though that no one can see it. Not a priority to fix now. They don't seem overly bulky, but there is a difference between the thickness of these teeth and the ones without the Lumineer. That is why I also got 8, so with my smile, I can't see back far enough to even notice that. I am very happy and now completely 100% comfortable taking pictures from every angle, especially close ups!

Michelle, I live in NJ New Providence. What doctor did you use? I have been wanting to get luminescent for some time now.

Well the whitening gel isn't for the lumineers :( its for the bonding in between the teeth and at the gumline that can discolor with time and coffee, wine, etc. it does make the appearance of the teeth seem whiter, but doesn't actually lighten the tooth. Sorry :(
Hi Michelle, I have had lumineers for about 5 years now and although I am very happy, I wish I went whiter. I was under the impression that you cannot whiten lumineers. I have been contemplating removing them in the near future and replacing them, but after reading your comment I got very excited!! Please tell me more about the gel, does it really work? Its not the same as whitening gel for real teeth, right? Please let me know if you have more information. Thank you soooo much!
Dr. Steven Greenbaum