Warning: Your Nose Will Get Bigger Before It Gets Smaller!

Three weeks ago I had an Extreme Makeover with...

Three weeks ago I had an Extreme Makeover with breast augmentation, rhinoplasty, lower bleph, and some minor liposuction on my chin. I am okay with the results of all the procedures (elated with my breasts, feel good about my bleph) but the rhino was by far the worst part of the experience.

With my new breasts and even the lower bleph, I could see results pretty quickly. Not so with the rhinoplasty! First I had the big cast on my nose and when that came off I looked even worse. Not only did it cause a lot of bruising on my face but my nose looked worse than before. So I called my surgeon in a panic and his nurse told me to wait and be patient and follow the aftercare instructions.

So I did and I am feeling better now. My nose really did reduce in size just like he said, and I kept cleaning out all of the gunk and keeping it tidy like I was supposed to. It took about a month but I finally feel good about the nose job. I no longer have a bump on the top of my nose and the tip is also more defined but not too thin. I have kept the character of my nose and face but also reduced the extremity of the way I looked.

I never doubted that this was what I wanted. Early on in the process that is a decision you have to make. I was worried about the results briefly before I resolved to move forward and deal with it. I am glad I did because not only am I happy but I was a lot less stressed during my recovery. I’m sure that helped me to get better and get to where I am now, one month in (still early) and very happy with what I got! (See my other reviews for thoughts on my other procedures)

Hi. Where did u get it done at? With who?
True, I'm 12 days post-op and my tip is very swollen and looks like a small ball on top of my nose, although I did a tip reduction. :S My doctor says to wait another 12 days to see some results. Yes, it's reducing in size by the day but I feel its a drastic change and I can't swallow it yet. I feel uglier than ever. I'm stuck at home until it's less swollen. Hope I will look fine after 3 weeks and start liking it. Fingers crossed. Very happy for you :D
I got a alar reduction or a tip reduction too its been six days and i dont want anyone to see me i look so scary. I hope to god it gets better i cant deal with this.But if its getting better thats a good sign it will get better i guess we have to wait
Yeah - I am only 1.5 wks post op & I can see a different already in the width of my nose.. but I am having the opposite issue - my profile doesn't look much different other than the hump being gone, but it still doesn't look very "slopped" & my bridge between my eyes seem very think by both angles. I pray this goes away because that was the main point of getting this done. Oh - & I really hope the tip goes down quite a bit more but for the most part, my nose doesn't even fell "swollen" much so I don't know how it COULD go down anymore. Was yours like this?
I paid $12,000 for both my nose and my breast augmentation together and that was WITH a Friends/ Family discount, you got a great deal! I just wanted to agree with you that it will look bigger before it looks smaller.. I am about 4 wks post op and my nose, other than the side profile, didn't look anything different from the front view, so I called the dr. He also told me that I have to be patient, that it can take up to a year for the final result.. Well, I am now just starting to see that my nose is looking better and better every single day.. I LOVE IT!
so you got all of those procedures for only $4200! That seems extremely low! How did that work?
Yeah, it takes like a year for a nose to become the shape that it is supposed to look like.