Still Waiting. Had Lipo on Chin With a Necklift 4 Weeks Ago - Virginia

I had liposuction under my chin and a necklift...

I had liposuction under my chin and a necklift with incisions behind ears 4 weeks ago. I am not happy with results. My chin incision is quite large and very noticeable. The area that was liposuctioned is still extremely sore, swollen, hard and lumpy. The incisions behind my ears are very red and continue to crust if I don't clean several times a day. My neck skin is still loose especially right below my swollen chin. I also have no feeling in my right ear. 6I visited my ps after two weeks, she seemed slightly concerned about the incisions cleaning them in the office. She said to massage the area under my neck and not wear my 'chin bra' as much as. I had been. I wear it at night as. I've been back at work since week one. I don't go back to see her until 11/1 so she seems to think it will all improve??

Three months post op and I still have loose, saggy...

Three months post op and I still have loose, saggy skin under my chin. Actually it is worse than before the procedure. It is also still sore and uncomfortable. I have had no plastic surgeon return my calls when I state that I am in need of a second opinion. I am extremely disappointed.

I already shared the photo.

I was going to ask that question also. I had my surgery June 22 and I still dont have my final visit..I go back Jan 15... I was told the last visit to start wearing the chin strap again as I have a kind of lumpy looking thing under one side of my neck [chin I guess I mean] He first asked if I lost more weight and I didnt so he immediately said start wearing the strap He didnthesitate at all so I am assuming it will tighten up... He has an excellent reputation so I have to trust him.. My new style strap just came today so I am hoping it works... Good luck everyone I hope we are all happy at our one year mark.. That is when I hear we will see our final results.. I am basically happy becuase it is soooo much better but not thrilled yet..

Can you send me a picture .c****@aol.com... I will tell you if we have the same issue.. Hang in there

So, went back to my PS and said that I was disappointed with the saggy, loose skin under my chin after my neck lif and chin liposuction. I was told that it was because I did not have a full necklift that would have included incisions all the way around the front of my ears. Now I am being told that I should have an in office procedure to pull up the loose skin and thread it somehow to the area around my ears. I need time to think about this and also get a second opinion.
Really?? WOW did you tell you that might happen beforehand? Is it really as bad as you think or just what you feel? Sometimes we see things differently than others do... I go back in two weeks I still have a little wrinkling under my neck and a little lump that I dont like . I will bring it up for sure. if he procedure in the office was free I would say GO FOR IT..... It is cost I would think about it..
I still have numbness it comes and goes. I am getting more wrinkles back under my chin and I am getting nervous now.. I go back on the 20th Hope he says it will go away.. It seems to come and go no clue why or how....... They say it takes one year to see final results dont know why Did you have any effects from the hurricane? Our township is like destroyed I am very lucky so far just little stuff everywhere but my sons yard and fence and pool are destroyed and he has no power My daughter had a fire on her lawn from a downed wire Fire company had to come put it out she has no service either and has a little baby please pray for all of us
Hi Jean, I had a neck and face lift on June 22 of this year which means YIKES TODAY is 4 months.. I still have some numbness along the right side of my face and earlobe.. It i however starting to get better step by step... I still have some wrinkles under my neck,, My doctor told me it can take up to one year for all of the healing and swelling to go away... I wore my chin and neck brace for 7 weeks at night ... I do still massage under my chin.. He also told me to use MEDERMA on my scars once a night and they are practically INVISIBLE now.. That stuff is AWESOME.... You should have seen me trying to put in earring after one month It was SOOO hard and funny trying to put them in a numb earlobe... haha I had crusting behind my ear for a long time.. Take a lot of showers and it breaks it up using baby shampoo and then take the merderma on a q tip and go gently behind the ears with it nightly... I know it is frustrating but today I am very happy that I did what I did for myself... I had a HORRIBLE HORRIBLE turkeyneck and even it is stayed as it is today it is 90 percent better than it was.... Feel free to email me daily if you would like we can support each other Can you take some photos and either post them or send them to me.. i had sooo much crusting both behind my ears and where my drains were in the back of my head I thought it would never go away but it has finally gone... Thank the good Lord...I am almost 69 yrs old and it took me about 3 yrs to make the deicison to do it... How about you. Cant wait to hear from you In the meantime I will keep you in my prayers..
I guess my frustration is that I really did not have a terrible turkey neck. I had saggy skin on my chin and some wrinkles on my neck. Really just beginning to age. I just turned 62. I go back to my PS in 2 days and plan to discuss all of my concerns at that time. You said you still have some numbness - my right ear still has no sensation at all. I hope that is not permanent?? I am using Mederma but one side of my chin scar is still raised. I also have puckering skin behind my chin incision and the skin on my neck is still loose. Did you have the sensation that the skin on your neck and chin could be a mask? It is an uncomfortable feeling most of the time. The crusting behind my ears has finally subsided. Unlike you, I can't yet say I am glad I had this done. Thanks for taking the time to respond.
I had a horrible neck I actually liked the way I looked two weeks after surgery haha my face was a little swollen but so smooth looking.. now it isnt as smooth as it was but still MUCH better then it was. I think my neck is not as good as I was hoping for it is still better....As time goes on I see more wrinkles in my neck but I seem to be the only one who notices this.... I go back on the 20th and going to show him People tell me it takes a year to see the final results so I have to be patient I have no choice..... Hang in there let me know what the dr says... Did you have any effects of the hurricane Our township is destroyed

Hi Jean -- How are you doing now? I hope your recovery is progressing. Please let us know how you're doing when you have a chance. :)

Not great - I still have no sensation in one of my ears. It is a very uncomfortable feeling when sleeping or placing a phone to my ear. My chin scar is still raised and red. And this was all done to improve my double chin and saggy neck skin which I still have.....Still hoping for improvement but it has now been 2 months. My PS has also not returned my call from 2 weeks ago so I guess I'm on my own in this whole recovery process??

Oh no, I'm so sorry. :( Do you feel like you're still swollen (which could cause some sagging) or do you think this is your final result? Sometimes healing can drag on more than you'd expect, but some peace of mind from your surgeon would certainly help. I can't believe he didn't call you back! Time to show up at his office if you ask me. :-/

Please feel free to reach out to our community of doctors for some opinions too. I hope things get better for you. *hugs*

I am scheduled for my 'final' visit on Nov. 1 (10 weeks post op) so I guess I will just wait until then to discuss my concerns, including the lack of communication! Also, hard, raised lump in chin, saggy skin on chin, raised scar at lipo incision site on chin and still no feeling in my right ear.
I go back November 20 which will be 20 weeks and I am not sure if that is the final visit yet... Good luck keep massaging and start using the MEDERMA It will get much better
So, how did your final visit go? Are you satisfied with your results now?