Can't Wait to See the End Results! - Virginia

My story...I was 105 lbs before having children. I...

My story...I was 105 lbs before having children. I gained 55 lbs. with my first daughter. She stretched me out quite a bit. A few years after my second daughter I lost most of my extra weight with diet and exercise. I was not happy with the sagging skin in my abs. I was tired of not feeling comfortable in my clothing. I was only 116 lbs. pre-surgery but I would often get comments asking if I was pregnant due to my little pooch in my abs.

I finally decided to get a tummy tuck. I wish I new about this site prior to TT it would of been nice to read about other peoples journey w/TT.

April 30, 2010, I had my TT surgery. As soon as I opened my eyes the pain began. I was on oxychodine for pain and antibiotics. They didn't really help much for me. The first day, I did vomit...OUCH!!!! That was painful on the tummy.

I had 2 drains. 1st one was out 3 day PO and the 2nd 4 days PO. I've heard others say they don't feel it when they pull them out. I sure did!! I had to breathe in on count 1 and 2 and exhale with all my force on 3 and that's when they pulled out the drain fast. I am now 11 days PO TT and I'm still having a hard time sleeping comfortably at night. This is when I usually feel my abdominal pain and discomfort.

Other than that I'm doing well. I'm back to work. I still can't stand up straight. I'm going to post some pictures. I wish I had the pre-op pics from the doctor.

Day 12, I'm feeling really good lately. Last...

Ooops! I put the wrong date of my TT. It should...

Ooops! I put the wrong date of my TT. It should read August 30, 2010.

19 po TT-I received the o.k. to start receiving...

19 po TT-I received the o.k. to start receiving ultrasound therapy. I hope this helps with the swelling. Has anyone else had this done? If so, what were the results like?

I wish there was a maybe button! I just don't seem to get the nursey/doctor caring feeling from the staff. They are very quick at my appointments and never ask me how I'm feeling and they don't give me helpful information on how to take care of yourself and your scar post surgery.

You look awesome in your 2 week post tt.
I'll hopefully be going in April of this year!! :)
Excited, but extremely nervous. I am a busy mom of 4 boys with a small business on the side...I don't have much "down" time.
You look great. I hope you're still happy with your decision.
Let me know how the Ultrasound Therapy goes...I may be interested in that myself.

Thanks so much for sharing your story and posting photos. I bet a sneeze did hurt. Hope you haven't coughed much. Things will just continue to improve as time goes on. Please keep us updated!

Will do =)
Day 12, I'm feeling really good lately. Last night, I took a nice walk and today I spend the day with my family at the park. Today I sneezed for the first time, BOY did that hurt!! Sleeping at night is still VERY uncomfortable.I've tried to sleep in a recliner and my bed with several pillows, but still toss all night. I'm now able to get up and out of a chair comfortably.
spent the day...not spend the day

Thank you for the feedback about a "maybe" button for your doctor.  In fact, we'll soon update the review form so it allows you to rate the experience across a number of factors, including the office staff.

Thank you!! =)